3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Not Happy with 2006 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying some are better than others, but for God sake, carpenerje is devoting his life to protecting this country, and he's got put up with that crap. I would not mind if he got better treatment than anybody else. But the idiots at the dealerships he serviced his truck take no pride in what they are doing or for whom it is.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM

I do agree with you that it's time to get a another truck, but let me tell you something. I pull trailers for a living, been doin it since 2001. I bought all three brands, the (furd) was the one I like the most but gave me some probems. so I went and bought a (shevy) this truck was 50% of the time I owned it in the shop, (I lost so much money in lost revenue with this truck) After that I've had 3 dodges and I can honestly tell you, only in one of the 3 truck I had to replace the U joints at 170,000 miles, all three truck have over 200,000 miles with no problems whatsoever.

(My own personal experience)

Good luck to you
Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by carpenterje
Darn Truck had the back window replaced because it was leaking. Had no problems until now. Driving to work, every time the frame was flexing I kept hearing this cracking noise. Well, I get to work and see spots on the window. I figure they are on the outside. Nope, window is leaking again!!! That's strike 2 for the same exact problem. Now, I got to go deal with taking it back to the dealer to get worked on. It's time to start looking for another truck. This one I got has got to go.
That sounds like what you need to do. Buy the Ford or Chevy, then you`ll be happy.-
Old 01-30-2007, 12:23 PM

Sounds like you got a Monday truck.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Listen Guys, I got a bad apple off the tree. I'm actually planning on getting another Dodge. Just the one I got is not a so good one. Hopefully, I'll have better luck with another one that doesn't have all the issues this one has. So hopefully the next one will do me fine.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carpenterje
Listen Guys, I got a bad apple off the tree. I'm actually planning on getting another Dodge. Just the one I got is not a so good one. Hopefully, I'll have better luck with another one that doesn't have all the issues this one has. So hopefully the next one will do me fine.
Thats a good attitude.

Interestingly, the guy who bought my 2001 that I sold to the dealership is from Willow Street.
And an Amish guy that I sold a 34 acre parcel to.

Anyway, I hope you have better luck with the next one, it really seems like you just got a dud.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Both my 03 and the 06 have been great trucks with no problems,but if I was treated by DC the way you were I would be done with Dodge. I would also let them know about my new GMC that I would be driving.
My trucks have been very good so I am staying with the Cummins.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some vehicles are like that. Quality control is not always 100%. I had an 01 Ram 1500, bought new, 1st new vehicle ever for me. Inside of 2 months that truck left me sitting onthe side of the road twice w/ a blown rear axle. Both times the dealerships (100's of miles from where I purchased the truck) replaced the entire rear axle, sans brakes. Had a third axle problem and tried mediation for lemon law and DC told me to pack sand. Said I abusedthe truck. How in the he!! can you abuse a truck w/ a 8500# tow rating towing a 2700# trailer?
The 2 good things that came out of it:
1. A dlr in So Dakota gave me a 100k mi bumper to bumper warranty on the truck for free, for my troubles being stranded on the highway twice in 3 weeks.
2. Just sold the truck w/ 120k mi on the clock and only had it in the shop once in the entire time I owned it (after the axles), and it was a very minor problem.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM

carpenterje-stationed at the grove, you a (tar)??? Been following your venture across country, hope things work out for you....
Makes you wonder why the hell they spend millions on advertising to get new customers, no concern for the ones they have. Really, just how much to their bottom line to work out a swap for another truck. They could charge for the mileage, run the truck through a special repair/maintenace program, resell the vehicle. Return customer to recoup more of the lost revenue!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 PM

I am a Marine stationed here at the Grove. We have a Marine helo unit here.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 PM

I am a Marine stationed here at the Grove. We have a Marine helo unit here.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:03 AM

First of all, Thanks for your service to our country!

Second, I am a Ford guy that had an 01 Auto tranny go bad on me pulling my friends Sprint Car and trailer! Not much weight less than 12K Loaded. Bought an 04 with the Power Puke that left me stranded at 462 miles and then had a lot more problems with the EGR, EBP Sensor, Wiring Harness to name a few.

I switched to Dodge and had an injector leak on me, the truck doesnt run as good as it did for the first 900 miles and the paint scratches like crazy and the body dents if you look at it!

My dream truck is a Ford CC, LB 4x4 with a Cummins with a Wide Ratio 7 Speed Manual Transmission!

The Moral is they all have issues!

Joe

PS. I am an A&P for Continental Airlines. Make sure you get yourself signed off while your in the service so you can get your licenses when you get out of the service! Study the Avionics and LEARN Sheetmetal work! I am also a cowboy (Team Roper {Heeler}) and live near where John Wayne had his feedlot in AZ!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 AM

Skyharborcowboy,
I agree all vehicles have there problems. Yes, I'm getting sign-off's, I'm already a CDI (Collateral Duty Inspector). I've been doing the aviation field for 9+ years in the Marine Corps.