3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

No cold air from pass.side vents?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No cold air from pass.side vents?

wife said this is NOT cold ac.I said its throwing ice cubes.Well MY side throws ice cubes.Pass.side is luke cool.Seems like maybe a blend door problem? Any one else have this problem?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:10 PM

Yep,mine started 3 weeks ago!Dealer said they tried another one and it did the same thing so it is normal!Time for another dealer!
Old 07-31-2004, 06:13 PM

Yep mine did it too. I bought the truck in Dec. and the first time I needed AC in June it did it. Took it to the dealer and they had the whole dash out for most of the day. Left off at factory some clip on the flapper or such. It will freeze your butt now. Take it in.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:26 PM

Might there be a TSB on this? Seems like MAYBE I read this somewhere a long while back.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was it this one?
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2003/24-004-03.htm

MikeyB
Old 07-31-2004, 09:43 PM

That is the one I was thinking of but it dosn't really apply to the problem of NO ac from right side vents.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:42 PM

Hounddog,I know what you mean.Cold on driver side and warm on the pass.Had the reflash done before it started this.It made it colder at an idle.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:01 AM

Mine is doing it too. I went last week and they called Dodge. What they are going to do is replace the contol head in the dash and the plenum box under the dash that holds the A/C duct work. I hope it works. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:15 AM

Don't drive this truck vry much but wife said she never noticed this until a week ago and she just kinda didn't give it any thought.The other day it was 94 outside and we loaded shavings and a garden tractor in the horse trailer.On way home she said DARN this ac is NOT cold.Well it was for me but not for her She was correct.Only vents that blow cold are extreme left and drivers center.From there over there warm.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:58 AM

I have the same problem with a twist. Didn't noticed the passenger side A/C vents didn't blow has hard as the drivers side. It was still cool but not freezing cold while on normal or max A/C. The dealer recalibrated the actuator doors for the system and it seems to help. Feels a little cooler now but still not blowing as hard. The A/C tech said I need to run it on max more when the temp get a above 90+ degrees because the A/C becomes more effective when the cabin air is dryer and the only way to do it is to recirculate the air. He also recommended getting the driver and passenger side window tinted.
So yesterday my daughter and I went on a little road trip to visit the George Bush Presidential Library in College Station. The weather was perfect for testing a A/C system, hot and humid. Temp ranged from 93 to 99 degrees from the thermometer in the truck. After about five miles of driving my daughter was already playing with the passenger side temp control. How can that be? My side was freezing yet the passenger vents wasn't as cold. She grabbed a towel to cover her legs and feet. I asked her what was wrong. She said her feet was freezing! Sure enough, extremely cold air was coming out of the lower panel vents.
Appears my problem is the upper and lower vent control door on the passenger side. Since the truck cools very well, I not going to be in a rush to take it in, but I will before the warranty runs out.

MikeyB
Old 08-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Banned

Hmmm... I just noticed mine's doing the same thing. I thought it was just after a hard accel, but today I was playing with it. It's worse after a hard accel, but still, the pax side is not as cold as the driver's. Oh well, I have to take it in in a couple of weeks for one or two things, so I guess I can add this one to it.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:39 PM

Hard accel should not affect this.Its ll electric.No more vacumn controls.Mine blows just as hard through all settings and at proper places.JUST ALL right side vents no COLD air on recir or fresh.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:07 AM

After reading a post on the TDR someone had the same problem like mine. The fix is to cycle through the modes (vent control) several times. I did this yesterday and after the second time of cycling the passenger side vents worked correctly. So now when the mode is set to upper vents only air doesn't blow out the bottom passenger vent.

MikeyB
Old 08-04-2004, 11:53 AM

Took mine in this A.M.Turned out to be low on freon.Never had one in YEARS that had to be recharged in 12 months.tech did call STAR to start with and there is a RECORDING on if it concerns differance in air temp from left to right that up to 12 DEGREES differance from left to right is NORMAL.Seems like a LOT of differance to me! Anyhow I bought two ac thermometers at a auto parts store and theres not 3 degress differance now from left to right.By FEEL it seems greater then that but it isn't.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:01 PM

Hounddog,
The feel of the air temp to the skin will be different between the driver and passenger side. It's because the driver side has only two vents and the passenger side three. Since the passenger side has three vents the air velocity will be lower than the driver side vents.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: No cold air from pass.side vents?