3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Newb. Help me get off the fence. Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Newb. Help me get off the fence. Is this a good deal?

Well, after years of Toyota's, Ford's, Chevy's, Nissan's, etc; I am ready to move up into the world of diesels. I anticipate this being the "truck" I finally keep around for a while.

To keep it short....I need some idea on whether this is an alright deal or a smokin deal. Interest rate has come back approved for 6.18 from Chrysler finance(787 credit score). Seems steep to me, but appears to be lower than everywhere I look online. Does this seem reasonable? Personally, I think it kind of blows.

Now..onto the truck...smokin deal or not? 06 SLT Inferno red with Big Horn package...32k out the door with tax. What did you guys give?

Thanks in advance for helping me get off the fence. If I can make the deal happen, I look forward to being a productive member of the forum, and resigning my membership on fonefiftyonline.chom.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:55 PM

More info on the truck would help. Megacab, Quad cab,Std. cab, 4x4, auto or stick, other options? I can't help you w/the financing question. Someone will chime in though. Welcome to DTR!
D
Old 12-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bucknasty
Well, after years of Toyota's, Ford's, Chevy's, Nissan's, etc; I am ready to move up into the world of diesels. I anticipate this being the "truck" I finally keep around for a while.

To keep it short....I need some idea on whether this is an alright deal or a smokin deal. Interest rate has come back approved for 6.18 from Chrysler finance(787 credit score). Seems steep to me, but appears to be lower than everywhere I look online. Does this seem reasonable? Personally, I think it kind of blows.

Now..onto the truck...smokin deal or not? 06 SLT Inferno red with Big Horn package...32k out the door with tax. What did you guys give?

Thanks in advance for helping me get off the fence. If I can make the deal happen, I look forward to being a productive member of the forum, and resigning my membership on fonefiftyonline.chom.

I understand you say "SLT", but there are so many options that either come or DON'T come with these trucks, that saying SLT doesn't cut it, you know? Is it 4x4? Does it have the Infinity sound system? Does it have power seats? Is it a quad cab? short bed? etc etc...$32K sounds good depending. I live in California where the state tax is 8.9% and at the time of financing for me, Dodge was offering 6.9% (if you were approved and since I have a 793, I was good to go there), so consider yourself lucky...on top of that, in the state of CA (ONLY state that does this), if you purchase your vehicle here, you have to register it here (whereas in the other states, you can register it out of state). Being that I am from VA, it REALLY sucked for me here because registration is $30 bucks in VA and here, it goes by the worth of the vehicle (so NEARLY $1000) Sticker said $47,000 on the truck in my sig (loaded with everything but sunroof, leather and GPS), I talked them down to about $38,500, but after taxes, interest and CA registration, it came out to about $51,000...would I do it again, ABSOLUTELY!

Derek
Old 12-27-2006, 11:02 PM

Financing is going to be steep if you finance through Chrysler. (unless they are running a promo) Usually the local credit unions can do much better. How many months are you financing it for? 32K sounds about right if the truck is a 4X4
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 PM

yeah, need more info but I'm guessin it will be a good deal once you get us more info. As far as financing goes, you have a good credit score and I got mine on 0% last spring so I dont know. Anyways, welcome to the site
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 PM

Like Dalberry said, need more info. I bought the truck in my sig. 06 inferno red QC short wheel base 4x4 slt with the bighorn edition, 6 disk infinity stereo, pwr pedals, transfer skid, power driver seat. Sticker price was $43,790 and I got it for just under $32k + ttl. Now, if yours doesn't have anything but the Bighorn than you are right in the ball park of where I got mine. My financing with about the same credit score was 6.75% so yours sounds about right (Credit Union, I get other discounts). Honestly, it sounds like a good deal. I know mine was really close to employee green sheet pricing.

Now we had another deal on the same truck with out the stereo and transfer skid sticker
$42,760 deal on the table for $30,995 + ttl.

Hope this helps
Old 12-27-2006, 11:10 PM

Sorry for the lack of details. It is 4x4, automatic, ctd, cloth, manual transfer case shifter, CD with Sirius (infinity, I have no idea), fog lamps, trailer tow, sliding rear window, rear seat shelf, fog lamps.

$30,322 plus tax for total of 32 and some change. They wont move another inch on the price.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:12 PM

****...it's a quad cab, short bed.

Two more questions..what is bombed? And what is a transfer skid.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Bombed is programmers, propane, water/meth, etc. stuff to make it go faster and break parts. Personally after spending this amount of money on a truck this awesome, I'll leave it alone. It runs plenty good for me!

transfer skid is a Skid Plat on the Transfer Case to protect it from rocks and such when offroad.

And, Yes that is a real good price. I would take it!!!

So congrats on the new truck??
Old 12-27-2006, 11:29 PM

Thanks for the quick response BigRed01. This is a radical departure for me. A Dodge, A diesel, and red??? Am I a rebel or what? Lol.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM

Nice

That doesnt sound like a bad deal to me at all man. I got the Quad Cab long bad with the big horn edition and overhead pc and power seats for 30,100 out the door. So 31 doesnt sound that bad. Good luck, dont worry you wont regret it.

Mike
Old 12-28-2006, 02:48 AM

Go for it. That is a great price. I paid almost $4k more 6 mos ago for nearly the same truck (maybe a couple of more options). No regrets.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
****...it's a quad cab, short bed.

Two more questions..what is bombed? And what is a transfer skid.
Better
Off
Modified
Baby

Transfer skid is when the dealers slides the title documents across the table for you to sign.

I'm thinking you got a good deal on your truck. Congrats! No more Nissans!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:13 PM

Sorry for the lack of details. It is 4x4, automatic, ctd, cloth, manual transfer case shifter, CD with Sirius (infinity, I have no idea), fog lamps, trailer tow, sliding rear window, rear seat shelf, fog lamps.

$30,322 plus tax for total of 32 and some change. They wont move another inch on the price.
I'm also in the market my first diesel , I was on the phone all day with local dealers

Can you tell us the total MSRP on the window sticker? 30322 sounds like it's below invoice.

Thanks.

EDIT: When I say "below invoice" I mean the invoice price minus the $5500 incentive. So if invoice is roughly 38K and you take the 5500 off invoice is actually 32500. It sounds like your price is lower than the invoice less the incentive.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:40 PM

Yes that price is below invoice. Invoice on these comperable trucks as in my sig is between 37k and 38.5k and there is 5000 dealer cash. A lot of dealers in phoenix AZ are going 1.5k-3k below invoice less the dealer cash. Honestly, I have never seen this many 06 CTD left this late in the year, so I can't imagine that these truck will be priced this low in the near future, especially with all of the new emissions stuff raising the price minimum $2000 right off the bat.

Quick Reply: Newb. Help me get off the fence. Is this a good deal?