3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Nasta Step Tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasta Step Tubes?

I've been looking around at putting step tubes on my truck, and it seems not many make wheel to wheel tubes for long beds. They'll most likely be stainless, I like the Putco Boss Bar but they're cost prohibitive. Through research and recomendations of the local aftermarket guy I'm thinking the Nasta bars seem to be a good product. I especially like the idea of all stainless hardware(the lack of maintenance required is very enticing) as I plan to keep this truck as long as possible. I would like to hear your thoughts, good and bad, on this brand. Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
bdo

I got the 'Raptor' model here:

http://dealsofsteel.com

All stainless and the mounting system is very solid. They look great and I am really happy with them. I searched for a long time before going this route.

-brad
Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 AM

woj64, I have the NASTA bars on my truck, sorry no pictures yet but I may try to get some pics tonight. So far so good... they mount the same as Westins and are as strong as Westins also. The finish on the bars themselves is nice and the hardware is stainless. I would recommend.

I purchased them from http://www.svcustoms.com/contactus.shtml a site I found here. If you want to order by phone, call 800.690.4950 and ask for Josh. I paid $245.48 total for them.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 AM

side bars

I put Waag "kick out" on my dually. They are black and wheel to wheel. Cost might be a factor as they come close to 500 now, I paid just under 400 2 years ago. They are Very strudy, I bounce on them constantly. they are also a straight bolt on and very easy to install.

Thom
Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 AM

Love my Nasta's. No issues whatsoever. The all-stainless hardware sold me.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 AM

I've had the Nastas for over a year and I haven't had any issues with them. They are strong and the stainless mounting hardware is a plus. Probably one of the simplest installs I've ever done.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:57 AM

bdo, I've seen the raptor's look good and nice price but can only find them for a short bed. Olivepuller we've obviously been following a similar web trail,I'm going to give my local guy a chance to match price but that is my next step
Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tslewisz
Love my Nasta's. No issues whatsoever. The all-stainless hardware sold me.
I agree, I put Nasta bars on last week and they are at least as nice as the Westins I had on my old truck. The Nastas with the stainless hardware makes all the difference. There is no one else that I know of that does that!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Try N-Fab.

They go from Wheel Well to Wheel Well, Kinda Pricy, $550.

Stealth
Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you said that Putco was out of your price range,but try to shop around I love my wheel to wheel boss bars,I know they were around $900 for my dually but I.m sure they would be more within reason for a SRW truck.My feelings are that if one product cost $500 and the one I would rather hae is $700 its only 200 bucks and I would wait till I can afford the addition expense. But thats just my .02

Old 03-20-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nasta all the way! I've had mine for a year now and they have even held up under the heavy road salt they use around here this winter. I got mine at http://trexmotorsports.com/ they had the lowest price on Nasta at that time.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Maybe I am an idiot but how did you mount those flat stock side braces on the your Nasta Bars on your 2006 Quad Cabs? Pictures?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Ive got some nerf bars for sale. PM me if your interested.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM

My Nasta Nerf bars came in the mail this week, Plan on installing them tomorrow on my mega cab, they look nice out of the box, cant wait to see them on the truck. I'll try and post a pic. when done!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Oliverpuller
woj64, I have the NASTA bars on my truck, sorry no pictures yet but I may try to get some pics tonight. So far so good... they mount the same as Westins and are as strong as Westins also. The finish on the bars themselves is nice and the hardware is stainless. I would recommend.

I purchased them from http://www.svcustoms.com/contactus.shtml a site I found here. If you want to order by phone, call 800.690.4950 and ask for Josh. I paid $245.48 total for them.
To the "T"!! Even the price is what i payed this is the way i went. wheel to wheel, alll stainless.

a note on stainless, 300 series(non magnetic) will NOT rust at all, no if and's or buts about it. 400 series(magnetic) stainless will rust. (theres iron in it) so if your going to buy something stainless, make sure its 300 series.

YankeeCapts, if your laying under your truck, looking at the body, there are little obround holes that are covered by this tape like stuf. if you take a knife and stab it, you can peel the tape off- uncovering the hole. those little flat bolt things, go in that hole, and turn 90* then them little plastic washer-cover things go on over it to hold it there when you put the nuts on. when i did it, i took a 'plastic washer thing' (for a lack of a better word ) and screwed it on the flatstock bolt just about all the way down, left just enough to get the body panle in between it and the flatstock. then put it in the body hole and turned it 90* and that will hold it till i got the bolt on.

its a little hard to figure it out with the directions thay give, im on a boat now and cant get to my truck or id go take a picture of it for you. Wish you the best in figuring it out.

and could someone pm me with directions on posting pictures? i dont know how

Quick Reply: Nasta Step Tubes?