3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My truck got broken into.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:20 AM
RHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My truck got broken into.......

while me and family where in the house someone got in my truck and got my garmin GPS and pulled the ashtray out, not talking about the black pice in the ashtray they got the whole thing left me a hole in my dash. there where some pennies in the ashtray not even enough to buy a cold drink with. Didn't bother to try and get the trailer brake controller which is mounted on the dash right beside the ashtray. The contents of the console was gone through but the change in the spring loaded coin holders in the console was not touched. Where can i find an ashtray.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:03 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I guess we both need to ask santa for alarms for our trucks.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:00 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about that. No idea where to get an ashtray - craigslist or the junk yard maybe?

How did they get in? Break a window or pop the locks?
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Don't know which is better when dealing with thieves...Islamic Law or Frontier Justice.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:04 AM
RHC

For some reason i left it unlock. I have moved back to a big city in north Alabama from a rual part of southern middle Tennessee. Got use to not having to lock everything up.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RHC
For some reason i left it unlock. I have moved back to a big city in north Alabama from a rual part of southern middle Tennessee. Got use to not having to lock everything up.
You could try Ebay, or www.car-parts.com.
I don't lock mine- then I couldn't get to the keys in the ignition.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 AM

Bummer to say the least. Time to get used to livin' in the city . . have to lock everything.

Look around where you live, trash cans, even around your lot, they probably just wanted the coin, will throw the ashtray somewhere.

The GPS industry should have something that LOCATES your GPS for you . . would be a REALLY big suprise for the thieves . . maybe someone ought to suggest that to them???

Hope it all comes out good for you, check classifieds on the truck forums, someone may be parting out a truck, you might be able to catch an ashtray. Also, check the junkyards, surely there is one out there with your name on it.

CD
Old 11-27-2010, 10:46 PM

I had the GPS stolen out of my truck sitting in the driveway too. Apparently left it unlocked although a stepdaughter that has a drug problem was at the house at the time and I now believe she got my extra keys out of the kitchen cabinets but can't prove it. I called Magellan and they told me if I would fax a copy of police report to them, they would put it on their list and if it was ever returned to the factory for any reason they would let me know. I really didn't think it was worth wasting the officers time just on the chance that someone would ever send it back to the factory for any reason. They even took the time to unwrap the power cord from around my rearview mirror. I had two pairs of Oakleys on my visor and they didn't touch them. I just hope the crazy GPS lady got them lost.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:35 AM

I got hit recently too and I don't know how they got in because I'm pretty sure I hit the fob to lock it but there was no sign of forced entry. Because of that the police said I must not have had it locked and that's how the report reads. They stole all my change and unfortunately they got away with my Benchmade knife and a SureFire flashlight that were valued at over $350.00 together. Had they spent a little more time looking they would have found a lot more stuff in there. They have hit a few more vehicles in the neighborhood and I'm hoping they will get caught while using my stuff and I'll maybe get it back. I'm not holding my breathe though...
Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 AM

I live about 60 miles S.E. of Phoenix and about 12 years ago, while on Vac. , They hit my place. Took everthing that was around my shop. A speedboat booked at 40K, Two polaris 4wheelers, one set of tires and wheels and several other things that were sitting around the outside of the shop. They did not get in the house because it is in plane site of the neighbors house. The same day a friend of mine got his house broken into, he was out of town doing a job, he is a contractor. They took everthing in the house inclucing lamps,pictures off the walls,throw rugs, stove,icebox, everthing. He lives quite a ways off the highway. The sheriffs deputy that took my report figured they cased the places and knew no one would be home and they could take there time.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 AM
RHC

[IMG][/IMG]

The ashtray was taken but the brake controller wasn't touched.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 AM

My seafood business was broken into a few months ago, one of many times, when a druggy hit up 5 businesses here in Northport in the early AM. I would have been here but was away on a school trip with my son. I have a survailence system & we kept watching the video becauce the idiot ripped the cash reg. & the harness with all the credit card pros. lines & phone lines out of the wall, despite the cash reg. being empty with the draw open so anyone breaking in would see we don't leave money in the draw. on his way out he propped the door open with the regester & grabbed a bunch of lobsters out of our lobster tank. The guy got caught cause he had to go to the hospital because he cut his hand bad jumping through a window at another store he robbed. We got the cash reg. back but not the lobsters, think the police ate them! so far the trucks been safe