3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My Megacab A/C really works!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Megacab A/C really works!!!

I had it into the dealer for a few items:

1. Broken recirc door (known issue),
2. Remove (cut out) screens that restrict airflow.
3. My feet were getting frozen due to air always blowing on them (even on the regular dash vent setting).

Fixes:

1. Replaced recirc air box (TSB).
2. Cut out screens (an "unofficial" fix from Chrysler, but covered).
3. Replaced defective door that controls floor vents (not sure where exactly).

Results: Wow!!!

The A/C blows hard and cold, the cab cools down twice as quickly. No more cold air on the feet. The only side effect is that there is less air to the rear vents (I expected this as the screens were there to redirect airflow to the rear vents).

FYI, all covered under warranty even though I'm at 38,000 miles since I had complained about the A/C since I bought the truck.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM

Thats encouraging. My truck goes in on the 14th for the recirc. door fix. I told them about the screen removal for better air flow and they won't do it because it is not a official fix from DC. I think the rear vent is somewhat of a joke. My 2002 Crew Cab Ford cooled the back just fine and the Mega Cab is not that much bigger. I hope I can talk them into removing the screens. If not, does anyone know how to do it?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 PM

You may have them check out this TSB while your there...
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/24-021-05.htm
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 PM

mega cab console a/c leak

i have a laramie so i have the cup holder console in the center on the floor, the duct from the center console has about a 3/4 inch gap between it and the duct that goes under the center seat so it leaks alot of the air that should be going to the rear a/c, anybody else have this issue or are my ducts messed up?
thanks, Kurt
Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 AM

Hey FourX4Fabber,
Looks like we have the same daily driver. I'm digging the rear window graphics.

Good Hunting to ya,

ATTACK!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM

cool, yeah i got the stickers made at bragg when i went up to pick up a ford ranger project truck i had stored up there. it gets quite a few comments
and as you said...
Attack!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thundercloud
Thats encouraging. My truck goes in on the 14th for the recirc. door fix. I told them about the screen removal for better air flow and they won't do it because it is not a official fix from DC.
....you need to refer them to the last issue of STAR Center news. That is where the mention of the screen removal was put in print. And on that note I'd try to find a shop that WILL cut the screens. I've had favorable results with that mod so far.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by J BODY
....you need to refer them to the last issue of STAR Center news. That is where the mention of the screen removal was put in print. And on that note I'd try to find a shop that WILL cut the screens. I've had favorable results with that mod so far.
where can we civs get a copy of that or can we? i have called a few of the vegas dealers and asked them about it but they tell me they have never herd of it and that they dont know of any screens in the unit???? thanks for the info