3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My First Diesel + ford escape = not good

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh theres damage to his vehicle its just the fact that he doesnt care cause he has a second vehicle and the one i hit was just gonna goto the wrecker. i called my insurance company and they got all the info on the accidnet and the women that i talked to made a three way call with an insurance adjuster and he kept mentioning my deductable amount and how he wanted to tow my truck to the shop and get an appraisal done and get her back on the road asap n all this other crap.. it kinda makes me feel like i was in the wrong. sure i hit my buddy but i came to a complete stop on the road and did not hit him until i was hit from behind and pushed into him. i kinda feel like i might be gettin pushed around a lil .. im only 20 years old and dont really have a clue how any of this works. i just want my truck fixed ..

also.
i went to my doctors and he advised that i take at least 3 days off work.. (i work construction) he said that i had some heavy bruising on my neck and back. im worrried about the long term problems i may have regardin my back injuries, ive got a long life ahead of me including, raising a family and such i dont need to be in pain so early in my life..
theres my rant i guess

i really appreciate all you guys n gals help with my accident!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 AM

where did the accident happen??

Insurance companies do make you feel belittled!!! But dont budge, remember YOU are the victim, and as such must sign off on the repairs AND restitution. Untill then it is a open case that costs them more money than it would if they just did things right!!

I had a chick slam on her brakes on a green light at an intersection on the north side, it was icy and i hit her. I had a dakota at the time and i was 20. There was 2k damage to her car (bumper cover, paint for the cover, and a tail light), and 2k to my truck(her bumper cover punctured my rad and a/c condenser) And she tried suing me for $900,000....LOL. Claimed lost wages, she worked for greyhound, as a bus unloader....LOL. She wouldnt make $900,000 in her life....LOL.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 AM

the accident happened on 109 st between 99ave and 100 ave headin south bound towards the highlevel bridge right beside the petro canada gas station. i told the adjuster that i want everything done right , i dont want bondo, i want a new hitch (i tow a 8000 lb travel trailer during the summer) i want my frame and axles checked and so on.. and most of all .. i want mopar parts..basically i want my truck back the way it was before the accident
Old 04-03-2007, 11:18 AM

If their insurance adjuster or agent gives you crap, have them talk to your agent, that's what you pay them for. Bottom line, your agent needs to work for you to fix this problem quickly. You don't have to answer any more questions, that was the police officer's job. All the insurance company has to do is pay your insurance company to fix your truck so your company can cut the check to the repair shop. If they don't pay your company, your company sues. You still get your truck fixed and pay no deductable since it wasn't your fault. Work with your agent not theirs (they will keep pushing you around if they can). Oh, and tell your company that they need to fight for a rental vehicle while your truck is being repaired... because it wasn't your fault, you aren't paying for it.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ram4tow
oh theres damage to his vehicle its just the fact that he doesnt care cause he has a second vehicle and the one i hit was just gonna goto the wrecker. i called my insurance company and they got all the info on the accidnet and the women that i talked to made a three way call with an insurance adjuster and he kept mentioning my deductable amount and how he wanted to tow my truck to the shop and get an appraisal done and get her back on the road asap n all this other crap.. it kinda makes me feel like i was in the wrong. sure i hit my buddy but i came to a complete stop on the road and did not hit him until i was hit from behind and pushed into him. i kinda feel like i might be gettin pushed around a lil .. im only 20 years old and dont really have a clue how any of this works. i just want my truck fixed ..

also.
i went to my doctors and he advised that i take at least 3 days off work.. (i work construction) he said that i had some heavy bruising on my neck and back. im worrried about the long term problems i may have regardin my back injuries, ive got a long life ahead of me including, raising a family and such i dont need to be in pain so early in my life..
theres my rant i guess

i really appreciate all you guys n gals help with my accident!
I think that in most states you are responsible for anyone you hit that is in front of you, but I could be wrong. My uncle was involved in a collision several years ago where a car slammed into the car behind him, hitting him and causing him to hit the person in front of him. Each driver except for the last one had to file a claim on the car they ran into, including my uncle. I think that's a ton of BS, it never would have happened if the first car hadn't screwed up to begin with.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 PM

i spoke to my adjuster he seemed really nice and told me the deciding factor of me being 100% not at fault was that i never hit the suv ahead of me until i was hit from behind.. also my friend talked to my agent and told him that he was not pressin charges or fixin his truck... i meet with my ajuster for an look over of the truck, so wish me luck..also talked to a injury agent from my insurance for me and girlfriend..
Old 04-04-2007, 12:04 AM

are they totalling yours?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:43 AM

no they are not.. its just got box damage and cab.. hoping theres no frame damage..the truck has 30000kms on it.. still new lol well to me
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
I think that in most states you are responsible for anyone you hit that is in front of you, but I could be wrong. My uncle was involved in a collision several years ago where a car slammed into the car behind him, hitting him and causing him to hit the person in front of him. Each driver except for the last one had to file a claim on the car they ran into, including my uncle. I think that's a ton of BS, it never would have happened if the first car hadn't screwed up to begin with.
Trust the US states too have BS laws like that!!!!

Here in the 3 provinces I frequent the laws are generally the same. If you are pushed into a vehicle by another, than only 1 driver is at fault. None of this everyone makes a claim hokey pokey