3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mirror on the passenger side!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Mirror on the passenger side!

I'll trade you my magnified mirror for your none magnified one
Old 05-21-2003, 11:00 AM

does anyone know where I can get one that is not magnified!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:04 AM

It seems kind of weird that some people get the magnified ones and some of us didn't!! I wonder if the magnified ones were a mistake or a bad batch of glass.. I don't recall seeing that there was a choice between the two. <br>I think I will keep mine Carnage..<br><br>Did you try taking it back to the dealer and complaining about how unsafe they are???
Old 05-21-2003, 11:22 AM

Mirror on the passenger side!

Twice, I drove someone onto the shoulder using that darn right side flat mirror. I had to eventually tilt it down to cover the blind spot which makes it virtually unusable for anything else. On the driver's side I find it hard to focus on the convex mirror section. I have to look hard at to see any clarity. Maybe it's the old eyes. : WIsh I could change the glass too.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:00 PM

I don't care for the magnified mirror. One of the very few things I DON'T like about my truck.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:04 AM

I'm happy with the TT mirrors. For my type of work it's not towing that counts, it payload capacity that does so I don't use the mirrors in a true towing situation. I always leave them flipped down. I have found that they eliminate the blind spot on both sides. While going down the e-way I have watched traffic coming from behind and as they were passing me they would enter the blind spot on the regular mirror but never went out of view on the convex mirrors. Another thing I like about the convex portion is that when you are backing into a parking spot you can see the yellow lines up till the last couple of feet into the spot.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:06 PM

it is strange, i do NOT have the magnified mirror.which i`m happy about.i never understood that, shouldn`t it be the OPPOSITE? i liked the mirrors thaty used to say, &quot;objects are closer than they appeer.&quot; as for the convex mirror, not to happy with the placement,seems like thats the area i like to use the most. i guess due to the fact that they ROTATE, they had no choice but to put it there.<br><br>just my 2 cents<br><br>Buddy
Old 06-06-2003, 07:22 PM

I really like mine too. I rarely use the regular mirror anyways. I find myself always looking at the convex mirror. One thing I don't care for much is that this week while I was towing for the first time and flipped up the mirrors, they seemed to shake alot while I was going down the road. Oh well, as long as they don't fall off I guess I'll live.....
Old 06-06-2003, 11:48 PM

My passenger side Factory Towing mirror is not magnified. Why should it with the bugeye in the corner. Non-towing mirror on right side is magnified, no bugeye.