3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mirror on the passenger side!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror on the passenger side!

Mirror on the passenger side! I have the Tow mirrors that flip up when you tow. <br><br>Is is me or is the passenger side mirror way too magnified!!!! <br><br>I was pulling my 33 ft 5`er last weekend and while backing up and making a turn I could only see the front of the trailer or the back, It zooms in so much to the point where that mirror is useless. <br><br>I'm thinking about taking it to a mirror &amp; glass shop to custom make a mirror to glue onto the existing mirror that is 1 to 1 ratio.<br><br>Anyone else have the same issue?
Old 05-19-2003, 11:04 AM

Re:Mirror on the passenger side!

I haven't had that problem at all. Towed my 5er around a couple of weeks ago and really like the new TT mirrors on these '03s. The problem I have had is that the passenger-side mirror has pooped out of the head, and they are on national back-order, so I can't tow any more until the new one comes in. It is being covered under the warranty.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:08 PM

Are yours as magnified as mine??

It is so magnified that I can read a licence plate of a car that is 100 ft behind me!!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 02:25 PM

overall I really like the mirrors...but i'm haveing a little trouble figuring where exactly the car is in relation to me in the passenger side mirror...maybe it is over magnified ???
Old 05-19-2003, 02:34 PM

mine doen't seem to be that magnified; or maybe my depth perception is not quite that pronounced . I have had a lot of different tow mirror configurations in the past, and these are by far my favorite OEM towing mirrors. I seem to have very good visibility out of both for seeing around the 5er for traffic behind me, but I will say that all the pick-ups I've owned in the last 10 years have the &quot;magnified&quot; mirror on the right side, which took me a little time to get used to after spending so many years with plain 6x9 mirrors. HTH.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=GrandpasRam link=board=17;threadid=14923;start=0#139868 date=1053360286]<br>I haven't had that problem at all. Towed my 5er around a couple of weeks ago and really like the new TT mirrors on these '03s. The problem I have had is that the passenger-side mirror has pooped out of the head, and they are on national back-order, so I can't tow any more until the new one comes in. It is being covered under the warranty.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Seems air filters for these things are on national backorder too. : Tried to make my dealer change mine because the air filter on my new truck showed to be 65% used already...but they can't until they get some in stock. National backorder they said... :
Old 05-19-2003, 05:31 PM

Traded my &quot;tow&quot; mirrors for the standard ones - mainly because of the 1:1 mirror on the right side. I don't tow and couldn't get used to the lack of field of view. Doesn't help that the convex mirrors are right where they shouldn't be (right where everything you want to see is) when they are in the folded in position.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:36 PM

Mine don't seem to be magnified either. Yes the convex mirror is kind of in the way but the mirrors are much better than the ones on the 98 I traded in. I really like them....
Old 05-19-2003, 10:12 PM

I was just heading down the freeway the other day, in lots and lots of traffic, and thinking, &quot;Man, these are the best mirrors I have ever seen on a truck&quot;!<br><br>Different strokes for different diesel peoples?<br><br>Hunter
Old 05-19-2003, 10:27 PM

I also find the tow mirrors awesome. The passenger side however does appear much more magnified than the driver's side. On most passenger mirrors aren't they less magnified and more wide angle? Must be they figure with the blond spot mirror section you don't need a wide angle regular mirror also.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:11 AM

My TT mirrors are not magnified. I love being able to adjust them myself whenever I want without having the better half involved. I am sure it has saved my marriage. <br><br>Casey
Old 05-20-2003, 12:42 PM

I'm going to take my truck to a mirror and glass shop and have them custom cut a 1:1 mirror to glue to the existing mirror.

I'm going to do it before I get into an accitdent!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:49 PM

The intense magnification bothered me for the first month or two, but now I'm used to it and I can now judge where the car in the next lane is between the BIG mirror and the fish eye mirror. Just takes getting used to, and sort of insures you actually turn your head to check the blind spot. I love the BIG mirror for when I'm putting the boat in the garage. I have white duct tape lining the floor where the passenger side wheels of the trailer line up, so I just adjust the passenger mirror down and all I see is a white line and trailer tires. Glides right in everytime! 8)
Old 05-20-2003, 08:31 PM

Maybe my eyes are bug eyes, but I don't think my passenger side is magnified at all, in fact, when I first got Daisy, I was disappointed the passenger side was not, since I got used to it, far superior for regular driving and towing both.<br><br>Hunter

Quick Reply: Mirror on the passenger side!