3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megacab

Traded the old 98.5 in on a 2007 Megacab duelly 4x4.
I love the room it has and it rides like a car,anyone heard of any problems on the new ones?
Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!
Old 12-18-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite4
Traded the old 98.5 in on a 2007 Megacab duelly 4x4.
I love the room it has and it rides like a car,anyone heard of any problems on the new ones?
The only problem I have is I can't stop spending money modifying the darn thing! Other than that its been flawless after 12k miles.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read a thread here the other day that talks about a window cracking deal with the mega cabs. I wouldn't trade mine just yet . . . .
Old 12-18-2006, 04:45 PM

I have an 06 Mega Cab with 20k on it.
I LOVE the engine.
I like the ride.
I like the mileage.
I LOVE the interior space.
I absolutely HATE the transmission and driveline. The tranny never shifts the same and the driveline howls really bad between 70 - 75. When I accelerate really hard, the driveline feels like its about to explode.
If I had to do it over again, I would get a 6-speed, or take another look at a Ford. For the most part, you won't hear about many engine or fit and finish problems with Dodge.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:14 PM

I LOVE my MegaLimo. I LOVE the ride. I LOVE the roomy interior space. I LOVE the engine, running top notch. I am getting decent mileage since doing the white smoke flash. I LOVE the 6-speed, driveline is quiet, shifts are smooth. I am beginning to LOVE the electronic 4x4, nice to NOT have to get out and lock the hubs, just shift on the fly. I am not too happy with the crappy cupholders. I am not too happy with my dealers service and knowledge as of late. And like Pauly, the only problem is spending the bucks on all those 'goodies' to make them ours.

CD
Old 12-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Mega......Rocks........
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 PM

Yea------your kids cant touch the back of your drivers seat---------------------but I can fit a 4 wheeler and a tool box in mine and STILL Close the TailGate---He He he he he he he!!!!! Mega's are Cool!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by boostjunkie1
Yea------your kids cant touch the back of your drivers seat---------------------but I can fit a 4 wheeler and a tool box in mine and STILL Close the TailGate---He He he he he he he!!!!! Mega's are Cool!!!

Thats what trailers are for!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:49 AM

Megas

I'm a Dodge newbie, coming from 96 F350 crew cab long bed to an 07 Megacab and LOVE it !!!
Best of everything, trunk and SUV in one.
I never wanted a tool box before but it may sound silly, I now have all this interior room and I dont want to put anything in it (cables, straps, gloves etc)
Anyone seen a slender tool box for the bed, most of them are really wide taking up 1/3 of the bed almost.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM

Getting used to the 6 speed over a 5 speed is kinda fun, cant tell u how many times I forgot about 6th gear.
I just thought they looked tough, but it didnt look as high as my 98.5 or at least till I climbed my fat but up in it.

thanks

kw
Old 12-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by JOECUMNS
Anyone seen a slender tool box for the bed, most of them are really wide taking up 1/3 of the bed almost.
I have seen boxes that are designed to go along the side of the bed that form to the wheel well walls, not huge for space but bolt-in-able and lockable as normal toolboxes are. I do not recall which catalog my dad and I recieved but it had them in it.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:42 PM

I too love my Mega, but must agree with 1stdodge, the auto tranny is not all that. Hind sight being what it is, I should have bought a 6 speed.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 PM

I love my M E G A C A B ! ! ! ! The cupholders, come on, they hold cups and there is different sizes, the big one fits my coffee cup real nice. I came from a ferd and I haven't had any of these problems that every one else has had. I pull my 6k lb TT anywhere I want, as fast as I want (the faster the less fuel mileage). My dog Xena, the Warrior Princess really likes the back seat! I guess if I had to find one thing to (female dog) about woud be the grey cloth seats. It seems like they get stained a little too easy. I got a grease stain on the driver's seat and had to get upholstery cleaner to scrub it off.

I love it and I am never turning back...

Hay
Old 12-19-2006, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by HayHauler1
I love my M E G A C A B ! ! ! ! The cupholders, come on, they hold cups and there is different sizes, the big one fits my coffee cup real nice. I came from a ferd and I haven't had any of these problems that every one else has had. I pull my 6k lb TT anywhere I want, as fast as I want (the faster the less fuel mileage). My dog Xena, the Warrior Princess really likes the back seat! I guess if I had to find one thing to (female dog) about woud be the grey cloth seats. It seems like they get stained a little too easy. I got a grease stain on the driver's seat and had to get upholstery cleaner to scrub it off.

I love it and I am never turning back...

Hay
you just reminded my how much I hate my grey interior cloth, it stains like no other.

Someone said that rain water stained there seats and I thought noway, then sure enough I load my son in the truck while it's raining and the rain that hits my seat stains it!!! makes me miss my 01's dark leather seats!!..........but thats all I miss about it!

Quick Reply: Megacab