3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mega Cab Club Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akita, where abouts in the bay are you located? It is always nice to see some diesel power in the hippie bay!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet,
South Bay party here. I like to call it the "Deep South" bay.
I am in Campbell. Drive through Santa Clara twice a day.
Attached Thumbnails Mega Cab Club Pics-dsc06679.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 AM

Born and raised in good ole San Jose!
Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned

Akita, very nice truck, clean and simple........Love the color. I hope those nice steps last with the rocks and crap on the Bayarea freeways chipping away at the nice paint job.

Wheels and tires would cap off a great looking truck.

PS check out NORCALDIESELFORUM.COM torkmnster is there also
Old 12-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel Junkie
Sweet,
South Bay party here. I like to call it the "Deep South" bay.
I am in Campbell. Drive through Santa Clara twice a day.
nice setup. how long is that trailer?
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM

Good stuff Akita, born and raised in SC myself. You know with all this bay area action we should get a group together and smoke out infineon one of these days.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Born and raised here in the Bay Area as well...

You Megacab guys make me jealous. At least my girlfriend is on board for us to become a 2 CTD household once the Audi lease is up She'll finally get the Mega she was asking for in '06!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Great looking trucks guys, makes me want to get rid of the Quad Cab for a ManVan.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My trailer is a 24 foot deck, plus 5 foot dovetail, tandem dually. 10klb axles brakes on both, First trailer I have ever had with enough brakes for the sierras.

Born and raised in the bay area also, Unincorporated San Mateo county, When I was a kid it was tractors and livestock in my parents neighborhood, now its 3-4 million $ homes that my parents have nicknamed "pink palace" and "jurassic park" ect..... Only bummer is that I will never be able to afford to live within 50 miles of my parents.

I am sure some of you bay area guys are at techy companies. At my building there are 2 megacabs, but the other is a 1/2 ton gasser. and there are only 2 other CTD trucks besides my 2, out of like 200 cars. Really makes you feel like the odd man out, just one big truck in a sea of hondas.

My wife is interested in a CTD as well, gonna dump her 4runner and get a 2nd gen short bed ctd. She pulls horse trailers all the time.,.... and i want to swap to a 4bt in my offroad truck... that will make 4 cummins in the household, and nothing powered by gas except the chainsaw and pressurewasher.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 231jasons
Akita, very nice truck, clean and simple........Love the color. I hope those nice steps last with the rocks and crap on the Bayarea freeways chipping away at the nice paint job.

Wheels and tires would cap off a great looking truck.

PS check out NORCALDIESELFORUM.COM torkmnster is there also
Getting ready to get the steps Line-X'd. Three trips to Tahoe and the sand from the roads is blasting the paint away...Thanks for the comments!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot2500
Great looking trucks guys, makes me want to get rid of the Quad Cab for a ManVan.
That's what I did! Here was my 04 QC...still with the girl though! The Megacab is the best "all around" vehicle I have owned. Truck and people hauler all in one!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:19 PM

My trailer is a 24 foot deck, plus 5 foot dovetail, tandem dually. 10klb axles brakes on both, First trailer I have ever had with enough brakes for the sierras.

Born and raised in the bay area also, Unincorporated San Mateo county, When I was a kid it was tractors and livestock in my parents neighborhood, now its 3-4 million $ homes that my parents have nicknamed "pink palace" and "jurassic park" ect..... Only bummer is that I will never be able to afford to live within 50 miles of my parents.

I am sure some of you bay area guys are at techy companies. At my building there are 2 megacabs, but the other is a 1/2 ton gasser. and there are only 2 other CTD trucks besides my 2, out of like 200 cars. Really makes you feel like the odd man out, just one big truck in a sea of hondas.

My wife is interested in a CTD as well, gonna dump her 4runner and get a 2nd gen short bed ctd. She pulls horse trailers all the time.,.... and i want to swap to a 4bt in my offroad truck... that will make 4 cummins in the household, and nothing powered by gas except the chainsaw and pressurewasher.
Yeah I know what you mean man. I work security at one of these gadawful tech companies and I am the only loud stinky diesel in the bunch!!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

well with 1 big truck in a sea of hondas, makes it easy to spot yours in the bunch and the other folks just get nervous thinking you will run them over.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
That's what I did! Here was my 04 QC...still with the girl though! The Megacab is the best "all around" vehicle I have owned. Truck and people hauler all in one!
I sure like the idea of the manvan as the defacto all arounder, but I live in the city and the extra 5ft of turning radius the manvan requires would probably be a killer to owning it around here.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM

I too live and work in a big city. Parking lots and U-turns could be the only real headache with the extra length. My friends are amazed at what I can do with my truck......anyway, I am one of those that park in the back forty of the parking lots, so no issue. Protects my bodywork too! U-turns that I would have had to turn into a J-turn with the QC, now have me going around the block at times instead, and if is safe to do so, I'll just jump the curb to finish my turn...

Quick Reply: Mega Cab Club Pics