3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Make it what i want

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make it what i want

Was so excited thought i found my truck. 03 2500 QC 4x4. Memorial sale 19,500. I was like yeah boy its mine. Stopped and started lookin. It was like the SWB model. Had crank windows manual locks vinyl seats ( how much do these stink beside leather. Kinda liked those) Had carpet and a rear slider though. Now. Any body mechanics out there know how hard or expensive it would be to put power windows and locks in these things?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:40 AM

Thaey sell kits for power windows, I have put them in couple of custom cars with great success. power locks I am unsure about! The windows probaly be about 300 to 500......
Old 06-03-2004, 05:47 AM
Banned

Power locks are an easy add on. Some remote starts or alarms come with the actuators.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:04 AM

I've been researching this very subject. Try this:

http://www.a1electric.com/ram1500.htm

4 Door Central Power Door Lock kit $79.95 w/Keyless Entry $119
Power window kit CR60-K Front kit & CR62-K Rear kit $199 ea or $398 for both kits, not including switches

Central locks mean that when you unlock one door, they all unlock... then when you lock one, they all lock as well. You don't need switches for this type of system.

I have an ST as well and would really, really like to add power windows and locks to mine too. I'm not sure if I'll go with the aftermarket kits, or be cruising the wrecking yards for OEM parts since I'd really like to make the end result look factory, and I didn't like the aftermarket switch kits. I emailed these guys about using factory Dodge switches with their kits and got a mixed result. The switches will work with the locks no problem, but not with the window kit without some modification.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results!
Old 06-03-2004, 03:17 PM

So, if you push the lock switch down on one door would they all still lock? Or do you mean when i hit the lock switch they all lock?

Reason i ask, My bros Tiberon when you lock the drivers door by the latch thing, the passenger door locks (Thtas their power locks) But if you take the passenger door lock switch and flip it the driver wont lock/unlock

Just lookin for clarification because this is seemin like a good deal
Old 06-03-2004, 04:21 PM

Yeah, seems like a good deal to me too. I am getting close to purchasing a kit. Here's a quote from their website that might help clear things up:

"Your existing lock ***** and door key activate the system. Locking or unlocking either of the front doors will automatically lock or unlock all of your vehicle's doors. Switches are not necessary for operation."

After reading that, I gather that if you lock/unlock either the driver or passenger door, then all 4 would work in unison. However, if you lock or unlock either of the rears, then it wouldn't affect the other doors. Check this link for more info:

http://www.a1electric.com/mes.htm

You can can configure the system however you want, with or without switches, etc... and/or you can get it with remote keyless entry (2 fobs). I think I will get mine without switches, but with the remotes... which would be a really clean install since there would be nothing showing.

Hope this helps...
Old 06-04-2004, 02:18 AM

That would be all right. Keeps the buttons out of my way haha.

One idea ive had with the windows. Is make the current crank **** into up and down switches. pull hte *** up and window goes up push her down and she goes down. Then i could install some hidden switches for the other windows for a super clean look
Old 06-04-2004, 10:18 AM

Yeah, that would be cool. One thing I noticed on the third gens is that the power window switches in the rear doors are round and appear to be in the exact same place as the window cranks... remove the crank, snap in the switch! On the front doors, the window switches are on the armrests. I'd assume that you could install the single switches in the crank holes on every door, but then you'd somehow have to have another set of switches near the driver to control the other 3 doors like you said. Or, you could just add the factory armrest/multi-switch panel to the drivers door only, then put the single switches in the other three holes left by the cranks (passenger front, both rears). That would be really clean but not sure of the price of that armrest/switch panel.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 PM

True, TO make it the cleanest you wold have to buy a whole new pannel im sure. Otherwise your always gonna have that ****. Im glad theres buttons for this though. I plan on putting a switch pannel in whne i get my aux lights and Winch on neway. So i can just mount the rest in there