3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Magazine Articles ...................

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would love to see more of real world challenges with trucks built by you and me. not from a super high end performance shop whose truck had an unlimited budget.

there have been several hill climbing comparisons, where a 10k# trailer is hitched, the truck sandbagged to equal weights, and up a 6% grade over a measured mile. that is what I call a real comparison. give us top speed, egt's, water temp, etc. not just stock too. different classes from killer to just tow happy.

the magazines always pit the 5 and 6 speed autos to the ram's 4speed. this year the factory stock ram was a no show?! huh?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned

It is like everything else whoever spends the most money wins period, then the mags through some piece of junk in there with a rear diff cooler whatever that is all about.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Ditto what Carcrz said about comparison articles. I would specifically like a comparison for aftermarket turbos, and a turbo selection guide based on towing, street/quarter mile racing, and sledpulling and how altitude could affect selection.

Tony
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

i just love their write ups with some guy with 44's, 6 " lift, $10k sound system, 2 winches, 4 tv's, and bone stock powerplant. isnt it called diesel power?

sorry, 289 rwhp doesnt sound like power to me.

i agree with Bob, cant stand these fellas that drop it off and just sign the check. DIY, as much as you possibly can. I know that some people physically cannot do all the work, but for crying out loud, some of these guys sound like they memorized a banks catalog.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Also, more chicks in bikinis.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:38 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by tomm
Also, more chicks in bikinis.
Wahoooooo!!!!! Dedicate an article each month to Diesel Power Chicks!!!!! I'l buy every issue!!!!! !!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:26 PM

The most interesting stuff is tech articles, especially with lots of detail and dyno info. I really dont care so much about super high $$$ builds. I HATE the articles on trucks that have tons of chrome, giant wheels, super huge tires, ultra expensive paint jobs. Performance is what those mags are for, not trucks to pose in or have in rap videos.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM

RockCrawler- "If you really want to know what to write about, read forums like this and see what types of questions are being asked or which ones get a lot of feed back and them do them yourself and write a story at the same time."

That is what I am looking into now.

Tomm- "Also, more chicks in bikinis"

I'm checking on that one.

BarryP- "The most interesting stuff is tech articles, especially with lots of detail and dyno info."

You should see quite a bit of this, since it is kind of what I have done for the past 10+ years.

Keep them coming guys....................

Last edited by TriSum; 12-04-2006 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Spelling oops !!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 AM
JRG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

When writing about different products, I would like to see variety in the manufactures. In other words actually do some research and find that small co. that is not very well known and/or regurgitated. When doing this I would like to see one-on-one dialog, not just internet clippings. One last thing, LOTS OF GOOD PICTURES! I hate blurry out of focus dark pics.

JRG