3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Low Tire Pressure Light on dash....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I beleive you could put them all in the spare tire. This way the light only comes on when the spare is low (which is a nice feature since it never gets checked until its needed) Then you can run any pressure you like and the system has no idea. Just a thought
Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jame
I beleive you could put them all in the spare tire. This way the light only comes on when the spare is low (which is a nice feature since it never gets checked until its needed) Then you can run any pressure you like and the system has no idea. Just a thought
put them all in the garbage can
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jame
They are part of the valve stem, not sure if they would make it a month bouncing around the spare. They are pretty delicate. If you ever take your vehicle to any place but the dealer, make sure they know you have the TPMS, they have to be careful when un-mounting and mounting the tires. I had a place break one of them, and subsequently replace it for a crazy amount of money. They are pretty annoying, and I battle them all winter here in MT… Most likely, you will get used to the light, it’s almost like having the CEL light on all the time, we just get accustom to it being on and leave it alone. It has helped a couple times....
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JVRAM07
im still wondering what the tpms is and how does it know how much tire pressure you have? also how can i tell if i have one installed, without flattening my tire of course.
It is an electronic sensor that sends a signal to the brain of the truck from the tires. It tells you when the tire pressure drops below a set PSI and then an idiot light comes on and a chime flashes. IF they would have had an onboard PSI reading this system would have been nice to have but how it is setup now is a joke.

Not all 08's were required to have it. I am not sure if 09 needs them but I think the 10's do for sure.

Chris
Old 02-28-2008, 11:33 AM

Shoulda got an SLT instead of a "loaded" version.

YOUR SIG>>>>Steve
Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by haulin-rv
I miss that, auto headlights are great. I also miss the Allison!!
There not so great at 5 am in the morning and you're trying to back down the boat ramp to launch the boat and the truck that's already backed down on the ramp next to you has the auto head light on feature and you are blinded!!!

OK, off rant now.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:55 PM

Update 2/28/08

Well this sucks after work I went to our garage and found out the spare was down to 50 psi so I put 70 psi in the spare and rechecked all tires and made sure they has 60 psi all around and still the %^$#&*!! idiot light still lit and I am going to call the dealer to find out the next move ..........to be continued
Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Not sure how it works on the trucks, but the jeeps must all be within +-3 psi
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 PM

I'm still confused with the "Light Load" button. Believe me, it doesn't take much to confuse me.

The "light load" button and TMPS work in conjuction with each other and are seperate features....correct?

When my light came on on my dash, the "light load" button DID NOT come on.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:39 PM

Never mind. I understand now......I think.

If you want to be warned of low tire pressure when your tires are at the Light load tire pressure settings.....push the button....light is ON.

If you want to be warned of low tire pressure when your tires are at the Max Load tire pressure settings......leave light off.

Correct?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You got it. All the "light load" button does, when lit, is give the warning when tire pressure in the rear tires fall below 45psi. When NOT lit, the TPMS gives a warning when the rear tires fall below 70psi.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 PM
tcr

I've got this crap TPMS system on my Commander, if I had it on my truck I'd run it right into a tree by now. Luckily the WIfe has to deal w/ the Commander. I can't belive they're putting this crap on a work truck like the CTD! I have to over inflate the tires on the jeep to make it happy, POS!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM

What ever happened to checking your tires every once in a while to see if they were low....if they were.....you put some air in'em? Crazy thought....I know.

I
Old 02-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BroncoHound
You got it. All the "light load" button does, when lit, is give the warning when tire pressure in the rear tires fall below 45psi. When NOT lit, the TPMS gives a warning when the rear tires fall below 70psi.
But my tires are set below 70psi. I'm not getting any warning light and the light load button is off. When I stopped at my buddy's house and checked the pressure after a long drive, I was at 68psi in the back.

I called my dealerships service department and the head of the service department didn't even know what it was.....you have to be kidding me!!

He also said that I should have my rear wheels set at 40psi so as to be in the "light load" range. I told him he was nuts.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Red face Update 2/29/08

Everyone I figured it out I think .....I opened the manual and it said to lower the rear pressure to 45 psi , then hit the light load switch and the light stayed on solid . Drove to the garage refilled the tires back to 60 psi and then hit the switch again and low and behold it cleared everything all is good for now!!!!!

Steve

Quick Reply: Low Tire Pressure Light on dash....