3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Line-X or Rhino liner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Line-X or Rhino liner?

I can get either of these sprayed-in bedliners for just about the same price. Any opinions on which one is better?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your gonna get flooded with OPINIONS.........
Old 01-30-2004, 09:25 AM

A lot of it has to do with the installer (so to speak). I've had two Rhino's in the past, both did well for me. I'm not that crazy about them trimming away the excess with a razor knife. My local LineX location using some sort of tape with a sharp metal edge embedded in it that makes for nice even edges without any danger of a slip of the razor knife.

I see a lot of pick ups here at my business and load quite a few as well. I've had several customers with the LineX report the material is harder than the Rhino's and less prone to scarring or gouging.

That said, I never had any problems with my Rhino's. For me, it would all come down to the care taken by the installer, I think each product has it's pro's and con's.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am on my second Line-X in as many trucks and it is great. Most of the Rhinos I have seen seem runny to me and too soft. I like the rigidity of the Line-X, and it is sprayed on hot, so it dries in just a couple of seconds with no running or dripping. You'll be happier, I feel, with the Line-X. I also recommend going "over the rails."
Old 01-30-2004, 11:14 AM

That is about like choosing your oil; several good ones out there, its just a matter of choice. The installation is the most importat part though. I agree that over-the-rail is a must
Old 01-30-2004, 11:24 AM

I had a Rhino liner in my last truck for 8 years..... no problems at all with it.... I personally like the fact that it's softer. It Holds your load in place and keeps it from sliding around lots better than the line-x does........ I'll do Rhino again.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:46 AM

I am also on my second Rhino in as many trucks. I have had no problems with either one. I chose Rhino for its' ability to keep things from sliding, which it does very well. Both are quality products. I just prefer the Rhino. Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
This has been beat up a lot on here and other forums. Boils down to a couple things: 1) how good is the installer, 2) how much crawling around are you going to do in the bed of the truck in your shorts. LineX is harder and sharper and will really tear up your knees; Rhino is softer. I have had both and prefer LineX, but I had a good installer.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
To throw another brand into the mix, I had mine done in Speedliner, which I really like.

It is trimmed with the tape/wire thing, just soft enough to not be slick, and it doesn't seem to sun fade like a friend of mine's liner of another brand did. Texture of Speedliner is a bit bumpier, which some may not care for.

Also, I had mine shot over the rails, just to where the body starts to curve down. My thought was to protect the rails, but not so far that it would show if I put rail caps on some day (say, if I had to hide a dent).

I would have to agree with the above, though, I made my decision more out of trust for the shop than the brand of product...

Just my .02...
Old 01-30-2004, 01:43 PM

I've had Rhino installed in every truck I've owned. Never a problem. Other brands may be just as good but I don't have any personal knowledge.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:58 AM

How about doing it yourself????? Just sprayed mine with Durabak. Came out great. Total time: 20 minutes taping, 20 minutes prepping the bed, 5 minutes mixing product and loading the spray gun. 10 minutes spraying. 1 hour wait for flash and then 2nd coat. 10 minutes shooting 2nd coat. 30 minutes cleanup of equipment and taping. Total cost: $138.00 for 1 gallon of the product in tan (included shipping) and $12.00 for the applicator gun. I already had the compressor and air line. Durabak comes in several colors and can be color tinted to match or sprayed over with stock urethane color. I did the tub of my wifes jeep in grey last summer. The stuff can also be sprayed in low temps. It was 29 degrees when I did mine.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:51 AM

rino is more functional, but the line-x really looks nice. i had a linex, i chose it for the looks, but i didn`t use the bed of the truck all that much.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Banned

What they've said above. Rhino for me, from a good intaller.
Old 01-31-2004, 08:37 PM
db

I'd personally go with the line x because it is harder & tougher -then i'd put a rubber mat on top = no slippage. Best of both worlds & really easy on the knees.

db
Old 02-01-2004, 08:03 AM

We have both Line-x and Rhino liners on trucks at work. I've looked at both of them side by side and the installation quality of both are equal. I have Line-x and use a bed liner to keep loads from shifting. I'd do the same thing if I had a Rhino. I feel you can't go wrong either way. I'd use the one that has an installer closest to me and I recommend the over the rail.

Quick Reply: Line-X or Rhino liner?