3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Line of Fire lightbar

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line of Fire lightbar

I am trying to get this light bar to work and I am not sure if I have a wiring problem with the truck-----here is what its doing.
I have it installed and when it is plugged in to the 4 plug connector up under the truck there is 4 led's that light up very lightly.
I can turn lights on and only half the light bar lights up------turn signals work for both sides but the bar doesnt work
The only test I have done is to take a tester for the 7 way plug that tells you if their is power and everything works fine until I turn headlights on and off and then the indicator lights for the turn signals have a faint glow to them light there is excessive power running through those wires. I am just wondering if I have a bad ground for the trailer wiring?
This light bars works on 3 different trucks----just not mine

Thanks
JIM
Old 12-24-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I bought mine from geno's garage, and after about 2 months I had four lights go dim on the right side. I called them up and they sent me a new one no questions and they paid the shipping, and they did not want the old one. They also told me that they had one other truck that had an issue with that light, some electrical glich in the truck was causing the problem.I hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you're on the right track with the ground. I would run a temporary ground wire to see if it lights work correctly. If it does take the truck back to the dealer and have them fix it.

MikeyB
Old 12-24-2005, 11:08 AM

I am not sure how to run the tempory ground---------The place I bought it from has been trying to help as much as possible and he was the one that had the tester that shows current for the blinkers only after you turn headlights on then off coming from the 7 way plug.

He said he could put a diode in those lines and it might help the lightbar but wasnt sure what it would do for my TT. I am just not for sure if dealer will believe me in saying there is a problem with the wiring.

JIM
Old 12-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i have that bar too and i just got the adapter for the 4pin to a 7 pin and plugged it in that way. i have to uplug it to pull the trailer but no big deal.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:40 AM

have you tried plugging in a trailer to it to see if you are getting proper power for the trailer lights too. Maybe you have a problem in the main plug for the trailer plug wiring set.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:02 PM

I have not tried hooking up to my TT or any kind of trailer yet. The only test I did was with the 7 way plug tester.

I am thinking of taking to dealer this week and have them check things out.

JIM