3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Lifetime Sirius Non-Transferrable!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I must be one of the lucky ones the Sat radio hasn't stoped yet 1yr plus since I bought it. I wouldn't buy it but it sure is nice haveing it.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:36 AM

I was told that it would transfer by someone from Sirius on the phone. I did not purchase the LT subs but they said lifetime was lifetime no matter what receiver. They didnt say anything about $75 though. Sucks ATM, Im in a rental till my hail damage is fixed, Im lost without sirius.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM

This is from there Terms and Conditions:

Transfer Fee: If you transfer a lifetime Satellite Radio Service Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee. The transfer fee is currently $75.00. SATELLITE RADIO SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE TRANSFERABLE ONLY TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED FOR HEREIN. A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT TRANSFERABLE IF IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH A RECEIVER INSTALLED BY AN AUTOMAKER OR AN AUTOMOTIVE DEALER IN A VEHICLE, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT THE ORIGINAL RECEIVER ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS STOLEN, ACCIDENTALLY DAMAGED OR, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, IS DEFECTIVE. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a lifetime Satellite Radio Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in our sole discretion, the Receiver is defective.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by bkrukow
Well Ime on the other end of hte coin. I bought a used 06 last fall and the previous owner had just renewed the subscription when he tradded. I would have never subscribed to it but now that I have it I love it. I will most likely renew it if it ever expires. Maybee I got lucky and he did the lifetime deal. Thanks who ever you are.
Me too - I picked up the 06 a few months back and got a pleasent surprise when playing with th emode button.. I hope it doesn't stop working - I live in the mountains and it's great having radio everywhere I go.. I can't see myself paying for it though.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 PM

I was scared after reading this so I made a call to Sirius and the customer service rep assured me that I could change it from the factory radio to another unit as long as I had the SID number. I am in the market for one of the Stiletto units and I have the lifetime subs. with the factory radio. Hope I wasn't lied to twice!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 PM

I don't have that number from my 07. Oh well. 10 more months and I will probably be without it...
Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM

I had the year service with my rig. I liked it for long trips and NFL channels. I signed up for lifetime through Sirius and I can change receivers up to 5 times for no charge. After that it is 75.00.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What happens if that radio seems to go bad and then you have to install another one w/a different serial/ID #? Just a thought.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:44 PM

The lady on the phone said I could transfer it 3 times... But she sounded like an idiot and messed up my online log in and I still haven't had time to call back and get it fixed.

Arggh!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM

Life time subsrciption is not really life time it is only 3 years and 3 months. I purchased this and wanted a reciept of this in case any thing happens. It took me 6 months and many phone calls to finally get the reciept, and when i got it, the contract said it expires 3 years and 3 months after the purchase date. There is no difference in price (except a few pennies) between getting the life time, or paying yearly. This really enraged me, and many others I imagine, cause when i buy a product for "life time" i expect 25 years.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:59 PM

Jeez are you kidding? I mean lifetime means lifetime. I'll raise some hell if they try to get over on me.

Besides that I love sirius.

What's this about getting a portable unit and only paying $3 a month for an additional radio in a car? I'm gonna have to get something for the Busa, maybe something portable.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM

I changed sirius from one rig to another for my boss, and with a new reciever, it was no problem after about 10 minutes on the phone with sirius operators..
Scott
Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by DiezelSmoke
This is from there Terms and Conditions:

Transfer Fee: If you transfer a lifetime Satellite Radio Service Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another you will be charged a transfer fee. The transfer fee is currently $75.00. SATELLITE RADIO SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE TRANSFERABLE ONLY TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED FOR HEREIN. A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT TRANSFERABLE IF IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH A RECEIVER INSTALLED BY AN AUTOMAKER OR AN AUTOMOTIVE DEALER IN A VEHICLE, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT THE ORIGINAL RECEIVER ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS STOLEN, ACCIDENTALLY DAMAGED OR, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, IS DEFECTIVE. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a lifetime Satellite Radio Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in our sole discretion, the Receiver is defective.
DodgeZilla ... Sounds like you need to go find some one to give you a hand meeting that stolen criteria.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM

That truck is long gone. I guess I could tell Sirius that the truck got stolen and I had to buy a new one.....
Old 05-14-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems we all have a little different story to tell.I too have a lifetime script,and inquired about transfers before purchasing.I was informed that it can be transfered up to 4 times for a $75 fee each time.He also stated that he has not seen anybody charged the fee as of that time 2 yrs ago. If its not transferable its not worth the lifetime price Just my .02