3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Lifetime Sirius Non-Transferrable!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lifetime Sirius Non-Transferrable!!!

I can't believe this! All the money I paid for my lifetime Sirius subscription in my 07 and I can't even transfer it to my new truck because the original subscription was for a dealer installed reciever!!!
Has anybody had any luck transferring their service? I haven't called them yet but looking at their terms of service this is exactly what it says.....

4. Right to Transfer a Subscription: Satellite Radio Service Subscriptions (other than lifetime Subscriptions) are transferable from one Receiver to another. A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION (WHICH IS A SUBSCRIPTION THAT CONTINUES FOR THE LIFE OF THE RECEIVER) IS NOT TRANSFERABLE IF IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH A RECEIVER INSTALLED BY AN AUTOMAKER OR AN AUTOMOTIVE DEALER IN A VEHICLE, EXCEPT IN THE EVENT THE ORIGINAL RECEIVER ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION IS STOLEN, ACCIDENTALLY DAMAGED OR, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, IS DEFECTIVE. A LIFETIME SATELLITE RADIO SUBSCRIPTION ASSOCIATED WITH A HOME, PORTABLE OR PLUG & PLAY RECEIVER IS TRANSFERABLE FROM ONE RECEIVER TO ANOTHER RECEIVER, UP TO A MAXIMUM OF THREE TIMES. Permitted transfers of Satellite Radio Service Subscriptions are subject to a transfer fee, as set forth herein.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea...I got a lifetime for my Dodge also. I knew this when I signed up back in 04, but I planned to hold onto the truck for a number of years so it made sense.

If you could just rip out the Sirius box and install in the next truck. Odds are it will hook up even if it needs a little wiring mod its worth it. This is what I'm going to do when I finally sell my truck. NO WAY I'm going to just leave free Sirius to the next owner especially if I trade in the truck not even meeting the guy.

Lifetime is lifetime of the radio or lifetime of Sirius...whichever comes first! Doesn't really mean your lifetime!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So does that mean the new owner of your old truck will have lifetime Sirius radio? Will they cancel and give you a pro rated discount towards a new lifetime contract? Any chance you can swap the receivers?
Old 05-03-2008, 05:03 PM

I am glad I didn't do it, I am on my 3rd receiver. I read that fine print and thought it was kind of a scam. It should follow the subscriber not the receiver.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:15 PM

Yup, the guy who got my 07 now has lifetime Sirius and I will only have mine until my free year expires. I will not give them anymore of my money just because of this. My wife's van just expired and we will not renew that either unless they give me a super-dee-duper rate for both of them.
I guess I should have read the fine print.........
Old 05-03-2008, 06:00 PM

I fill your pain.Wife an I purchased Jetta in 05. It came with 3 month' free sirius, just before it expired they emailed us and called to see if we would like to renew. We purchased 2 year plan with option to go life time before it expired,well 2 days after it expired they contacted us to see it we would like renew. Cant remember all of it but something like another 299 dollars plus 130 something bucks. so I cancel also.When the year is out for new truck it want be renewed either.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:11 PM

Well Ime on the other end of hte coin. I bought a used 06 last fall and the previous owner had just renewed the subscription when he tradded. I would have never subscribed to it but now that I have it I love it. I will most likely renew it if it ever expires. Maybee I got lucky and he did the lifetime deal. Thanks who ever you are.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Fortunately I read the fine print also, and when the free subscription expired on the Jetta, I purchased a home unit with the lifetime subscription, and got a deal for the Jetta at $2.99 per month. Works great this way.
mishkaya
Old 05-03-2008, 08:12 PM

Well, in my defense, I called the number that was on the screen on the radio because my subscription had lapsed. The person I talked to never once mentioned that the lifetime subscription I was inquiring about was only good for that specific reciever. Had I known that I would have pulled it out of the truck before I traded it in.....
I may still call and see what they can do as I have two vehicles that have Sirius recievers. If I can't get a great deal then I will just go back to commercial radio.......
Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Sirius has nothing on XM anyway. I'd drop them and go with XM
Old 05-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Muted User

I transfered my lifetime subscription from my 04 to the 07 for a $75 dollar fee.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:58 AM

04s did not come with factory installed recievers though did they?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I thought it was an option when I ordered my truck. I didn't checkbox it though and installed mine a few months after I got my truck myself. Was pretty easy!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
You are correct, Sirius was installed after I bought the truck. The 07 has the factory installed unit.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by RichM752
I transfered my lifetime subscription from my 04 to the 07 for a $75 dollar fee.
I have the lifetime subscription also and I only agreed to purchase it if I could transfer it and the salesperson said I could for a $75 fee. I

Quick Reply: Lifetime Sirius Non-Transferrable!!!