3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Let's bust a myth

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to find myself laying flat on my roof every other month either installing or fixing my cab lights. LED's keep flickering and burning out.

I started doing it when I was 220lbs and now that im 270lbs its still doesnt leave a dent.

Yeah it caves in but always pops back up.

Remember the Saturn car ads when they had the dent resistant panels. My friend had one as a rental when we were 20yo and we kicked the doors as hard as we could and no dent.

Sure wish DC would do the same
Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
Yeah it caves in but always pops back up.

Like a Saturn?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
HOV

So... based on the measurements taken on the previous page, can we call this one "BUSTED"?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Aside from truck makers saving money on thinner bodies,remember its also about cutting down on truck weight to get the best fuel economy possible because thats a big selling feature for them.If the metal on your truck was as heavy as an army truck and your fuel economy dropped noticeably,would you be happier?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by John Halter
If Dodge Sheet metal is so much thinner how come it weighs so much more then Ford and Chevy ?
All in the motor CUMMINS
Old 12-12-2007, 03:26 PM

So what about the second gen trucks? It seems that I see a lot of 2nd gen trucks rusty and looking crappy, unless someone took very good care of them. It annoys me when Ford guy jumps all over the "tinny bodies" of all Rams. My 03's body strength seems to be on par with the body as my 99 Super Duty.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by HOV
So... based on the measurements taken on the previous page, can we call this one "BUSTED"?
Plausible ... Kidding.

I think it's more in the way it's layed out more than anything that causes them to dent easier.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Plausible ... Kidding.

I think it's more in the way it's layed out more than anything that causes them to dent easier.
I do too.......
Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 PM

My experiances seem to notice easy to dent panels. I tow Parade floats in NY, and when were sitting there waiting a few hours before the parade starts up, and the lovely inconsiderate NYC people decide to use your vehicle as a leaning post, I had about 5 dimples on one side of my bed, and 3 on the other. I wound up paying the dent removal guy like $230 to have them removed, and the paint buffed, and in the process of him doing that, he also added 2 fresh ones himself, which I had to point out wasn't there before. Than after all that, a few months later, with me just standing on my steps, and loading something in from the side of my bed, I got two more fresh ones!!

I give up, seems like if you just lean on it, with just the littlest bit of pressure, you get another lil ding!!

I was thinking of stepping up to a black Mega Cab for my next one, but if this is what it's gonna be like, Im gonna drive myself nuts with the black, you'll see every Lil ding, scratch, and chip!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
My experiances seem to notice easy to dent panels. I tow Parade floats in NY, and when were sitting there waiting a few hours before the parade starts up, and the lovely inconsiderate NYC people decide to use your vehicle as a leaning post, I had about 5 dimples on one side of my bed, and 3 on the other. I wound up paying the dent removal guy like $230 to have them removed, and the paint buffed, and in the process of him doing that, he also added 2 fresh ones himself, which I had to point out wasn't there before. Than after all that, a few months later, with me just standing on my steps, and loading something in from the side of my bed, I got two more fresh ones!!

I give up, seems like if you just lean on it, with just the littlest bit of pressure, you get another lil ding!!

I was thinking of stepping up to a black Mega Cab for my next one, but if this is what it's gonna be like, Im gonna drive myself nuts with the black, you'll see every Lil ding, scratch, and chip!
Man, my truck isn't like that at all. Not that it's made of rubber or anything but you'd have to hit it harder than that to dent it.

My 04 got a little dent in it right on the curve above the wheel when I fell out of the bed one day . Paintless got it out 90%.

If you want to pick a good color for hiding dents I've heard to pick blues. My body man told me this and he knows his stuff, pulled a half million dollar classic car out of his paint booth before my junky mustang went in
Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 06megacabman
This would be good to know as I just had the paintless dent removal guy out this week to remove the pop marks from my legs as I was trying to replace my windshield wipers.

He said the Dodge basically buckles if you look at it wrong.
Last week my brother had a dent removal guy tell him exactly the opposite. He said the Dodge was strongest of the 3 by far. Who do you believe?? I had an 02 GMC. I was putting a headache rack on the box rails, and it bent like tin foil. I had headache racks on a 94, and 98 Chevy, and they were far heavier than the new ones. You should have seen my 72 Chevy- it was even tougher than my 78 GMC. They're building them lighter.