3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Last ditch effort to find my "Rattle"

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
I had an intermittant squeek on mine that nobody could quite tell just where it was coming from. By luck one day I found that if the sun visors are not clipped firmly into their stow clip that they squeek like crazy on certain kinds of bumps.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by frankieB
I read in another thread that the trans. fill tube was the culprit and i'll be danged if that wasn't it on mine. The fill tube vibrates against some a/c piping going through the firewall. It looks like they know this as there was some foam pipe insulation on the fill tube at the contact point but it wasn't enough. I bent the fill tube away from the a/c piping a little and that did the trick. Thank goodness. This is my second Ram and the reason I bought it is because I've owned all three and the Dodge is the only one that feels and remains solid and rattle free for life. Hope this helps.
Wow! THank you, thank you. I just got my truck last week and was hearing a loud vibration sometimes when I turned left. After reading your post I went out and popped the hood and looked at mine. That was it! I saw a little rub mark on the dipstick pipe and bent it towards the engine a little and the vibration hasn't bothered me since. But the first time I take it to the dealer I'll have them take care of it so it doesn't work itself back over.

Last edited by BigRedMega; 03-21-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: correction in spelling