3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

kore recon series???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kore recon series???

anyone running this system? likes and dislikes? pros and cons? http://koreperformance.com/dodge-ram...e-lift-kit.htm
i've been searching for months for the best lift kit i can get w/o spending $3000. i don't plan on jumping the truck in the desert, just the occasional 40-50 mph dirt road or slow speed off road 20 mph max (rocks, mud, other obstacles) nothing extreme off road. mostly on street driving. any help would be great.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have it, rides really well and i can take bumps no problem without bouncing around and loosing my teeth.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:29 AM

Lorenz has just about the same kit for bout 500 less. Have heard great things about the Lorenz stuff and thats what I will be running when the time comes.
http://www.lorenzindustries.com/kits_bilstein_5100.html

HotRod
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod929
Lorenz has just about the same kit for bout 500 less. Have heard great things about the Lorenz stuff and thats what I will be running when the time comes.
http://www.lorenzindustries.com/kits_bilstein_5100.html

HotRod
it is just about the same thing minus the steering stabilizer shock, end links, bumpstops, and those rings for the top of the spring. all that stuff has to add up to more than $500.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Had one only lasted a few months before I took the POS off, it is far from a complete kit. You need new control arms and something for your track bar or the trucks handling will be compremised. The ride was no better then stock, and the lift is WAY to expensive for that. I'm 100x happier with my Tough Country lift. Don't make the same mistake as I did and dump a bunch of money into the Recon hoping it will give you a better ride, because you will be sadly disappointed. I've never had any experience with the others, they might be a bit better but i'm pretty skeptical after how many people claimed the Kore ride was so good Many people tried to blame my ride on tires or anything else but it was the ONLY thing that changed.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 PM

Better off with Carli Suspension
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mocho
Had one only lasted a few months before I took the POS off, it is far from a complete kit. You need new control arms and something for your track bar or the trucks handling will be compremised. The ride was no better then stock, and the lift is WAY to expensive for that. I'm 100x happier with my Tough Country lift. Don't make the same mistake as I did and dump a bunch of money into the Recon hoping it will give you a better ride, because you will be sadly disappointed. I've never had any experience with the others, they might be a bit better but i'm pretty skeptical after how many people claimed the Kore ride was so good Many people tried to blame my ride on tires or anything else but it was the ONLY thing that changed.

I had the tough country suspension and switched to the kore, i don't understand how you think it rides better when the tough country spring is a single or dual rate spring and co.'s like carli and kore provide variable rate springs, sounds more like your personal preference and you were looking for more of a lifted big truck look. This kit lift about 2.75 to 3 inch and doesn't necessarily need a track bar or control arms. I opted to get an upgraded adjustable track bar and i am fitting 35 x 13.5 tires under it with minimal rubbing because of the off set wheel i have with stock control arms. If i had the cash i would have gotten the 6 inch kit from carli or kore but it was out of my price range, you are paying for quality, tested and proven parts in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by itr.#1446
I had the tough country suspension and switched to the kore, i don't understand how you think it rides better when the tough country spring is a single or dual rate spring and co.'s like carli and kore provide variable rate springs, sounds more like your personal preference and you were looking for more of a lifted big truck look. This kit lift about 2.75 to 3 inch and doesn't necessarily need a track bar or control arms. I opted to get an upgraded adjustable track bar and i am fitting 35 x 13.5 tires under it with minimal rubbing because of the off set wheel i have with stock control arms. If i had the cash i would have gotten the 6 inch kit from carli or kore but it was out of my price range, you are paying for quality, tested and proven parts in my opinion.
Considering you got the track bar with the lift, you don't know how horrid it makes the steering without anything on the track bar. I wanted to clear 35" tires without rubbing, the Kore wouldn't do it without control arms and I also needed a track bar to get my axle centered and steering decent, along with a steering stabilizer to. To buy all of Kore stuff it would of been like $3000. My Tough Country lift all said and done was under $2000 and the truck rides and handles like a dream, the extra lift was just a bonus.

I wasn't going to buy another Kore product after the lift was all hype. I do not really care how they say their springs are variable rate, they rode like crap and that's all that matters.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

Mocho,

If I remember correctly you purchased a used old school Kore Recon kit, I have always heard great reviews from Kore owners, even the guy that originally owned Mocho's kit.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The old Kore springs(I had the original T-Rex's) were indeed stiff. Their new MR ones are supposed to be more forgiving. I drove my Lorenz setup for thousands of miles without a Thuren trackbar. After installation the axle is centered better but handling,freeway etc. is unchanged. Lorenz has a plush ride coil out now and Carli and Thuren supply soft riding coils. I'm using Lorenz's 22% coils because of my camper load. It rides great,but would definitely be overkill without an aftermarket bumper or snowplow.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
Mocho,

If I remember correctly you purchased a used old school Kore Recon kit, I have always heard great reviews from Kore owners, even the guy that originally owned Mocho's kit.

Well then this gives a good reason why we are arguing, I am sure Mocho if you get a chance to drive the new style spring you would have a different opinion of them.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:14 PM

i think i'm gonna go with it but does anyone have pics of their truck with this kit on. i really don't want the back of the truck to appear lower than the front. i wish the mini packs were a 2" lift instead of a 1" lift.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:26 PM

the rear isnt too bad but if your that worried you can buy 1" or 2" blocks for very cheap and put them in, here is my truck, i have 35x13.50 tires on and barely rub at full lock and i also have an adjustable track bar.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM

yeah i know but i called kore and they said that i would compromise the ride quality by adding a 1" block. so i'm still thinking. i've gone over all the different suspensions so many times i'm going mad. what is a "ssi" trackbar and steering brace in your sig.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:49 PM

I dont see how you would compromise the ride quality by adding a block, doesnt make sense because you are not affecting the leaf, maybe they thought you meant you wanted to add an add-a-leaf? or they are maybe talking about front to rear balance? I am planning on adding one I was gonna measure the current blocks and then get a block that adds an inch or two and replaces the stock one.

The bar and brace are from solid steel industry but their is a bunch of different co.'s to choose from. Here is a pic of the steering brace.

http://www.solidsteel.biz/

Quick Reply: kore recon series???