3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Kore or Lorenz (Leveling Kit)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not 'till noon. You going?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM

If you guys do decide to do an install party consider letting me know. I have the Lorenz kit in my garage. Waiting till I can get some help putting it on, but I now have to wait till it comes back from body shop (Hail damage).
Cheapest price I have been given to have it installed is $220. Think I will tackle it myself.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Not 'till noon. You going?
Nope.....6 weeks til' the CORR season starts. Have 8 weeks of work to get the truck ready...
Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Perhaps you should check your info before throwing out spring rates. Funny how Sean's posts didn't last long.....I clicked from page 2 to page 1 and back and they were gone.

As far as making up info about someone's product who has "busted their butt" to start and run a company.....there's a huge back story that you have no clue about. I support the guys that develop their own product, test and refine. I have no use for a "manufacturer" who obtains competitors' products by proxy so that he can copy them.

OEM coil rates vary by tag number, but most are in the mid 400 range.
first, i now know there is a backstory that i'm just starting to get a clue about, so if i gave someone credit for doing the right thing, it was because i just didn't know, not because i was trying to give credit where it wasn't due. second, according to dodge, as well as a local heavy duty suspension company,that manufactures their own custom 'made to order' springs, and works on a dozen or more ctd's a week, the stiffest factory spring dodge uses is 400 lbs., and not all trucks even get that spring. the only way to tell, is from your vin #, or some fabricators say they can give you a pretty close approx. rate from a visual of the spring. how was my post about spring rates not accurate? i was responding to someone who had posted that, some aftermarket, performance springs were 600 lbs., which would be 50% stiffer than the stiffest 400 lb. dodge spring. i don't know any of the aftermarket suspension companies, that are talked about on this forum, that sells anything close to a 600 lb. spring. i currently have superlift springs in my truck, and anyone who has run them know they are stiff springs, and they are 420 lbs. if the average stock spring is around 440 lbs. that would mean that my factory springs (very soft), are actually stiffer than my very stiff superlift springs- that can't be. sorry about the long post, but tell me how this info is incorrect.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DodgeTruckRam
essgeetee,

I just ordered the Kore kit last night as well. Since you are close to me want to do an install party? Are you planning on installing it yourself?
I'm getting a quote from a shop that a guy at work can get pretty good deals from. If it's really cheap, I'll have them do it. Otherwise, I'll probably be up for the install party. I'll definitely let you know. I'll warn you I don't have much experience with that type of thing. So, if you do, even better!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
first, i now know there is a backstory that i'm just starting to get a clue about, so if i gave someone credit for doing the right thing, it was because i just didn't know, not because i was trying to give credit where it wasn't due. second, according to dodge, as well as a local heavy duty suspension company,that manufactures their own custom 'made to order' springs, and works on a dozen or more ctd's a week, the stiffest factory spring dodge uses is 400 lbs., and not all trucks even get that spring. the only way to tell, is from your vin #, or some fabricators say they can give you a pretty close approx. rate from a visual of the spring. how was my post about spring rates not accurate? i was responding to someone who had posted that, some aftermarket, performance springs were 600 lbs., which would be 50% stiffer than the stiffest 400 lb. dodge spring. i don't know any of the aftermarket suspension companies, that are talked about on this forum, that sells anything close to a 600 lb. spring. i currently have superlift springs in my truck, and anyone who has run them know they are stiff springs, and they are 420 lbs. if the average stock spring is around 440 lbs. that would mean that my factory springs (very soft), are actually stiffer than my very stiff superlift springs- that can't be. sorry about the long post, but tell me how this info is incorrect.
PM sent.....
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 PM

what are you guys being charged for shipping on the KORE leveling kit?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
PM sent.....
thanks, cowhand.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
ICL

I have a hybrid system of Kore parts, there are pictures in my gallery. Hope that helps clear up any questions.

I guess all I really know is what I have now rides better then when the truck did stock.

Road noise however did not.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM

shipping charge

Originally Posted by Death Dealer
$89 to the DFW area.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:22 PM

I was charged 105.00 to Ohio.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM

shipping charges

It was the same price for me, in the Seattle/Tacoma area- $89.00
Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 PM

77 to Mesa AZ
Old 03-18-2008, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI, for those of you who were wanting to do an install party, I got mine installed at a shop here in Arlington off Cooper. If anyone needs to info, just PM me.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:00 PM

104.94 to Virginia

Quick Reply: Kore or Lorenz (Leveling Kit)?