3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Kore Hp Series Vs Lorenz Bilstein Leveling System

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Don say how much the Fox shocks he sells are? He only lists 2.5 Kings on his website.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Chopper Bob,

Are you going with the full KORE HP kit (front and rear) or just the front kit?

Sounds like we are going the same route. I am just not sure on the rear yet, but for sure I am adding a Thuren track bar and steering stabilizer. I think this is the best bang for the buck, and I am not at all complaining on the stock truck ride quality.

Thanks,
Tobin
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

And to add, a friend of mine has the KORE HP kit on his '05 quad cab and loves it. Sounds like for the money you can't beat it.

Tobin
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 AM
kjp

I installed my KORE HP (front) kit a couple of months ago, couldnt be happier with the bang for the buck. I also plan to add the rear kit, track bar and stabilizer when i get home from the "sand box"
Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by 07CTD4X4Sport
Did Don say how much the Fox shocks he sells are? He only lists 2.5 Kings on his website.
I would stay with the kings,I had some fox 2.5s and would not go back.

Bob
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Screwed Up

Originally Posted by Chopper_Bob
After speaking with Don, it seems as though he is familiar with the pricing Kore is advertising. Don said that it is going to be hard to beat the price of th HP Kit. He likes Carli's springs and actually buys them for some of his customers. However, for the price the Kore kit is a good alternative at alomost half the price of the equivalent Carli Kit. He did say that the Bilsteins will only provide a small ride improvement over stock. Don feels that you would realy notice a soft ride over rough terrain with properly set up Fox shocks. (Which he sets-up and sells). Don strongly recommends that you upgrade the track bar with any of these kits. Among the set-ups I inquired about the following is what Don Thuren recommended:

Best Set-up = Carli Springs with properly set up Fox shocks
2nd Best Set-up = Kore Springs with properly set up Fox shocks (Really good set-up and will have a really smooth ride)
3rd Best = Carli Springs & Bilsteins (slightly better ride over stock)
4th Best = HP Kit from Kore

Maybe not in these exact words, but Don pretty much said that he would stay clear of products from Lorenz. He said that the quality is better with Carli and Kore. I am not trying to put down the product from Lorenz, I am just reporting my interpretation of the comments made by Don.

I am left with the feeling that your ride quality is going to come from the shocks and a properly set-up suspension geometry (ie. track bar and sway bar links or spacers)

I think that I am going to go with the Kore HP Kit and a Thuren Track Bar for now. Once I get more cash saved up I believe I will invest in the King Shocks and the Full Rear Leaf Set from Carli.
SORRY EVERYONE!!! I screwed up. I said Fox Shocks in the comments I posted above and I meant KING BRAND SHOCKS. Don Thuren uses the KING BRAND.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM

Keep Going Back And Forth

Originally Posted by Tobin
Chopper Bob,

Are you going with the full KORE HP kit (front and rear) or just the front kit?

Sounds like we are going the same route. I am just not sure on the rear yet, but for sure I am adding a Thuren track bar and steering stabilizer. I think this is the best bang for the buck, and I am not at all complaining on the stock truck ride quality.

Thanks,
Tobin
TOBIN,
I am probably going to go with the full KORE HP Kit. However, I have been kicking around spending more money, but I think that I have talked myself out of it. I was contemplating
Buying the KORE HP KIT = $670.00
Buying Thuren's Track Bar = $300.00
Buying Thuren's Shock Towers and Reservoir Mounts (Front Only) = $200.00
Buying Thuren's Custom Set-Up King Shocks (Front Only) = $760.00
For a Total of $1930.00
In addition I would have 2 new Bilsteins that I could try to sell. I would guess that I might get $100 for the pair? This would bring the investment down to $1830.00.

Most likely I will get the KORE HP Kit ($670) and Thuren's Track Bar ($345) for a total of $1015. Sometime down the road I may decide to buy the towers and shocks.

NOTE: If you buy more than one item at a time from Thuren he will give you a little bit off on price. The Track Bar by itself is $345 but he will sell for $300 if you are buying multiple items.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chopper_Bob
SORRY EVERYONE!!! I screwed up. I said Fox Shocks in the comments I posted above and I meant KING BRAND SHOCKS. Don Thuren uses the KING BRAND.
OK, thought maybe he sold fox ones cheaper than the kings.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:05 PM

I have the Lorenz Stuff in my sig.....been very happy with it, much improved ride for daily driving / handling / steering tightness / no bottoming front....been great all around for what i wanted...would do it again w/o batting an eye.

Sean's been great, i've had several phone conversations and email correspondence with him....both before and after the sale....

I dont think you can go wrong with any of them for the starter kits....
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Has anyone considered running a full coilover front end? With the Thuren King shocks at $760 and the Lorenz plush coils at $650 you're getting very close pricewise. A quick look on ebay shows a pair of Swayaway 2.5" reservoir shocks for $750, coil kits for $80 each ($160), coils are about $100 each ($400). $1410 vs $1310 plus the cost of the upper shock mounts.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine. I already purchased 5100's for the Dodge, I'm now thinking about adding coils and a trackbar. My other option would be to steal the set of 10" travel coilovers off the rear of my Bronco for the Dodge and replace them with some 2" shocks. The Dodge is mainly a street truck, but I could really fine tune the ride with coilovers up front.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 AM

i installed the lorenz bilstein leveling kit within the first couple months of owning my truck, stock suspension had about 56k on it when i did it. i went with the 6% springs as i dont have a heavy aftermnarket bumper or anything of that nature. i also opted to go with bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. talk about an improvement. i must say for a 600 lb truck she rides great. 80+ on a bumpy section of the interstate- no problem. driving downtown on bumpy side streets with potholes, etc.- no problem. body roll is little to none, she just handles great all the way around. also upped my tire size to a 35, gave me a wider stance which im sure has helped handling. she rides great, i love driving her when i do. the front end is no longer bouncy when hitting a bumpy, and i dont hit the bumpstops anymore when hitting speedbumps- my stock springs used to do that. she also sets pretty level now. i have put 30k on the truck in the past year and a 1/2 and she still rides like the day i installed it. also sean lorenzs customer service is great... heres a pic when i first installed it with the H2s and BFGs(sucked).

Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 AM

Parox, you say the BFG's sucked, did you have the death wobble?
I have some chrome H2's and BFG's to go on as soon as the other caps I'm getting arrive.

Did you put a new track bar in?

Like your truck, same colour as mine so I can get an idea how mine will look once I level mine.

What kinda tires you have now? Mileage suffer with the bigger tires?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Warponee, I sent you a PM.