3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Kore Hp Series Vs Lorenz Bilstein Leveling System

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kore Hp Series Vs Lorenz Bilstein Leveling System

I have been reading info on here trying to find out what kit/system suites me better. All that I am interested in is a slightly higher stance to fit 35" tires and wouldn't mind a little bit nicer ride on the rough chip and seal and gravel back roads. Most of my driving is around town on paved roads and highways, but I do get out to my parent's farm on occasion and get to drive through fields, gravel roads, and some rough chip and seal roads. I had my mind set on the Lorenz Bilstein system a while back due to price and a fair amount of good reviews on here. Plus they advertise 2" instead of 3 and I thought that would look better? However, I just now noticed that Kore has the HP Series for less than the Lorenze System.
KORE HP SERIES = $670
Lorenz BILSTEIN 5100 SYSTEM = $1085
Can anyone give me any differences in the 2 systems or reasons that I may like one over the other? I know that KORE's coils are variable rate, but I don't know how much different that makes the ride between the two. Does the KORE system actually lift the front 3" opposed to Lorenze advertising 2"? I don't mind the factory rake. I don't want the front to be higher than the rear. Anyone willing to post pictures of their truck with the Kore HP or the Lorenz Bilstein System? Are their any differences in the rear leafs that come with the kits? I do tow and don't like the rear sag, however, I would guess that I will have to use air bags regardless of the kit? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 11:04 PM

Hey Chopper, I am in kind of the same situation as you for my Mega, I drive the same type of stuff with it but don't need 2.25" or 2.5" shocks for pounding the truck continuously off road. I was going to make the decision on suspension this week and wanted to spend around $2k.

I was leaning towards the Lorenz Bilstein system with the plush ride infinite rate coil option for $200 extra, and they give you 3" lift up front. I wanted the full 3" lift to make sure 35" rubber will fit with zero rubbing and the IR plush coils are supposed to ride great. And then I want the DP leafs out back for $700 extra because the rears are what supposedly make the biggest difference on ride by far, and you can put the bumpstops in if you need to tow so it doesn't sag as bad. All said and done its around $2k.

Kore always seemed overpriced compared to the competition until I saw this HP system. If their VR coils are as nice as the Lorenz IR Plush ones, and I upgraded to their race leafs, maybe this Kore system could perform the same for less money.

I haven't looked at Carli much because of the prices, but their Performance 2.0 system with full leafs looks nice and they use the better 7100 Bilsteins. And Thuren's website is not very helpful but I may call him before making a decision.

I'll be watching this thread!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 PM

Talking suspension

Both suck go to Carli
Old 12-27-2008, 12:52 AM

2cent - I put on a KORE leveling kit about 20K miles ago - LOVE IT !! greatly improved off road and bad road handling. Makes the horrible D.C. roads no sweat. Also looks great, only issue I ran into was I did not account for the need for a new adjustable track bar - lot of guys said I did not need it but I put a lot of miles on and the front axle moved about 1/2 inch when you add the leveling kit. Very happy with it and it look absolutely great.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 AM

I would skip the leveling kits and do something more along the lines of Carli's entry level Starter kit.If you decide later you need more it is easy enough to just up grade shocks and not have to change out springs.

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/do...ion/index.html
On the site they show the progression of kits for the street oriented trucks as well as the dirt biased driver..........I think it is a big help for those just starting to play in the suspension arena.

Bob
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 AM

I am interested in all the opinions out there too.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 PM

How much is the starter kit from carli? I looked at the website but i didn't see any prices, looks like a great kit, as do the other two! I do like the extended links that come with the carli kit! I am looking to buy a good kit like the 3 mentioned at the first of the year, hopefully this thread will help makeup my mind as to which one i want!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 AM

I am in the same boat as you guys. So many choices, trying to decide the best route.

So far I have been looking at the KORE Recon series, but am trying to figure out if it is worth the $900 over the HP series.

The other option is the HP series KORE kit, and then buy a track bar and steering stabilizer from Thuren.

Either way, I want a new track bar to keep the axle centered.

Tobin
Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 PM

Cost = Deciding Factor

The Carli kit sounds awesome!. However, as I stated earlier, I rulled them out due to their price being higher than the Lorenz and the Kore. I am not going to be jumping my truck or running 50 mph through rough off road situations. So I don't think that I am going to bennefit or notive much of a difference between the $1000 kits and the $2000 kits. Well I would probably notice it when the credit card bill came in. I was prepared to spend around $1000 on the Lorenz System. If I can get away with the less expensive Kore HP and still be happy I may do that. If Carli made a similar kit for $1000 or less I would consider them. However, my budget is tight. I am about to drop about $1200 on tires. I am thinking about a starter leveling kit with the bilsteins. So I am asking if anyone on here has the Kore HP kit and likes it? And if there is any specific reason I should stay away from the kit from Lorenz? or any specific reason I should think twice about the Kore HP? Thurren has no info on there website, and therefore I didn't even consider them. I guess I could try calling them?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 AM

How much is the Carli starter kit? I hate the fact they dont list prices on there site. Looks like a nice kit thou.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:40 AM

From what I have found so far on the web

Carli Starter System = $1375 (from listed dealer KMH)
Lorenz Bilstein System = $1085
Kore HP System = $670

All 3 kits have the Bilstein Shocks, front Coils, rear leaf mini-packs, and eitehr sway bar end links or spacers.

I guess if everyone thinks that Carli is the best and worth the extra $700 over the Kore than I will just have to save for a few more months. However, with not being a serious off-roader I am wondering if I will notice the difference?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mega-MAn
2cent - I put on a KORE leveling kit about 20K miles ago - LOVE IT !! greatly improved off road and bad road handling. Makes the horrible D.C. roads no sweat. Also looks great, only issue I ran into was I did not account for the need for a new adjustable track bar - lot of guys said I did not need it but I put a lot of miles on and the front axle moved about 1/2 inch when you add the leveling kit. Very happy with it and it look absolutely great.
Mega-Man,
Do you have any pictures of your truck with the Kore Kit installed? What size tires are you running? Thanks for your input. The cost for this kit is pretty hard to pass up.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 01:01 PM

stay away from Kore there Customer service sucks once they have your money they are done with you The kore system does not lift the front 3" maybe an 1.5" it does not level the truck at all I had the KORE Recon Series
in for about two weeks before I took it out a went to Carli
Old 12-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chopper_Bob
From what I have found so far on the web

Carli Starter System = $1375 (from listed dealer KMH)
Lorenz Bilstein System = $1085
Kore HP System = $670

All 3 kits have the Bilstein Shocks, front Coils, rear leaf mini-packs, and eitehr sway bar end links or spacers.

I guess if everyone thinks that Carli is the best and worth the extra $700 over the Kore than I will just have to save for a few more months. However, with not being a serious off-roader I am wondering if I will notice the difference?
Wow, the carli is alot more Pricey. Almost double the Kore one.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 PM

If you do a lil more home work you will see almost all of the KORE dealers are gone,that should speak volumes.

Quick Reply: Kore Hp Series Vs Lorenz Bilstein Leveling System