3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Keep Drop-In or get Rhino Lining?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like drop ins your not the only one
Old 03-23-2005, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
Hey Everyone, I got a question, Im gonna be purchasing a new Dodge very soon, I was also debating a spray in or drop in liner. My question is, If you get the over the rail spray in, Can you install a cap on the truck without having any sealing or mounting problems? I would like to know before hand. Thanks
Yes, take a look in my gallery at the Blue 2002. They did a shell spray which rides on top of the rails and then goes over the edge on the tailgate to prevent scuffing the paint from your shell liftgate.

A spray-in liner is a must....even before Intake and Exhaust!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dgm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Line-X the one that is super-hard with little bits of sand-like stuff in it that makes it come out really sharp to the touch?

-daniel
No, line x is not sharp to the touch whatsoever. It also is hard/cured in less than 5 minutes, so you can load things on it the first day. Not like waiting a day is a huge deal by any means for Rhino. Both are well loved and have lifetime warranties. I will say that the speedliner is the first I've heard with a fading warranty. They all fade, ask anyone that lives in FL I had to have mine resprayed a few weeks ago due to my truck being hit, and I can't believe how much it faded in a year's time - and my truck is garaged.. Enjoy that shiny look you have now, it will be gone in a few months. I saw fiverbob's truck just after mine had been done and freaked out - he told me the same thing and was right - they fade..

One mark of a quality spray job, aside from proper thickness and straight/perfect edges, is if you drop your tailgate down and see if they sprayed all the way down there or just stopped where the bed's surface stopped. That area near the tailgate gets really nasty/wet and is one of the first places to rust.