3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Keep Drop-In or get Rhino Lining?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it were me i woudl keep the drop in and spend my money on something else but if you want to get spray in then get line-x
Old 03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
dgm

....alright, I got the Rhino-lining sprayed in at Ziebart this afternoon; over the rails including the front, back & sides for $450 including taxes and stuff.

It looks great, I'm very pleased with the appearance. They also guarantee it for life against peeling, gouges, etc.

Question; I know they said to keep the tailgate down and anything heavy out of the bed for 24hrs....on my way home it started raining though. The water on it this soon won't hurt anything will it? Its garaged now.

-Oh, and anybody want to buy a Drop-In Liner with the Dodge Ram Logo... real cheap?

thanks,
daniel
Old 03-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be interested in that liner. email me.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
dgm

PM Sent, trik396
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by Lightman
I love my line-x. There are also distributors across the country,
I agree...love my line-x. My 93 had a drop-in and I always hated that thing.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
dgm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Line-X the one that is super-hard with little bits of sand-like stuff in it that makes it come out really sharp to the touch?

-daniel
Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Spray in is the only way to fly. Best 300 you will ever spend.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 AM

Hey Everyone, I got a question, Im gonna be purchasing a new Dodge very soon, I was also debating a spray in or drop in liner. My question is, If you get the over the rail spray in, Can you install a cap on the truck without having any sealing or mounting problems? I would like to know before hand. Thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 06:20 AM

Speedliner.com

I looked at Rhino and Line-X and others and chose Speedliner. Not because I had anything against the others, but because I wanted mine color-matched and a lifetime warranty against fade and peel. And because Dad has a Dodge drop-in liner in his '87, I knew I did not want a drop-in. His did not stay straight across the top of the rail; rail tops warped after two years in the hot sun and he has some scuffing thru into the metal.
My advise is to shop more than one spray in liner dealer and look at lots of trucks with some age (2 years old or more) and ask if they can install rougher/smoother surface depending on your taste. I chose the roughest surface I could get for more shock absorption when I drop tools back there. (Downside is cardboard boxes come apart when I try to scoot'm across the bed.) Some dealers even offer Kevlar if you're interested.
Nat
Old 03-23-2005, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
Hey Everyone, I got a question, Im gonna be purchasing a new Dodge very soon, I was also debating a spray in or drop in liner. My question is, If you get the over the rail spray in, Can you install a cap on the truck without having any sealing or mounting problems? I would like to know before hand. Thanks
Yes Badd Dogg Guy19. My dealer carries double faced foam tape they say will stick to the liner and to the cap. But I don't have any personal experience.
Nat
Old 03-23-2005, 08:58 AM
dgm

Re: Speedliner.com

Originally posted by natstayl
I looked at Rhino and Line-X and others and chose Speedliner. Not because I had anything against the others, but because I wanted mine color-matched and a lifetime warranty against fade and peel. And because Dad has a Dodge drop-in liner in his '87, I knew I did not want a drop-in. His did not stay straight across the top of the rail; rail tops warped after two years in the hot sun and he has some scuffing thru into the metal.
My advise is to shop more than one spray in liner dealer and look at lots of trucks with some age (2 years old or more) and ask if they can install rougher/smoother surface depending on your taste. I chose the roughest surface I could get for more shock absorption when I drop tools back there. (Downside is cardboard boxes come apart when I try to scoot'm across the bed.) Some dealers even offer Kevlar if you're interested.
Nat
I don't know it Ziebart will color MATCH, but they do offer a variety of colors. I just wanted Black anyway, but they offered red, gray, blue, yellow and maybe tan. I went with them again because my last truck had their spray in for almost 5 years with hardly any fading, no peeling and very minimal gouging (and I used it heavily). And, the warrant it for life.

-daniel
Old 03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dare I suggest...concrete??
Old 03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
dgm

concrete
Old 03-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

man, am I the only one who loves the drop-ins?

been looking for a cheap one for a while. my original one was all chewed up by the previous owner. MUCH easier to slide building materials and other stuff on the drop-ins!!! 3/4" plywood gets heavy when you're loading/unloading by hand

Forrest
Old 03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
dgm

Here it is:

-daniel

Quick Reply: Keep Drop-In or get Rhino Lining?