3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Just noticed...no upper windshield tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Just noticed...no upper windshield tint

Small complaint, but the sun seemed awful bright this morning driving in to work, even with shades on. Then I finally noticed, after 4 weeks, that there is no tinting at the top of the windshield

All our other cars have it and it makes such a difference. $45k sticker and DC can't afford to use a quality windshield.

Now, here is the thing. That's about the ONLY thing I can see to complain about. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!

"The sun is so bright, I gotta wear shades "

David
Old 04-23-2004, 09:11 AM

The only way to get a tinted windshield is to break your original and get an aftermarket one. I did it twice on my 2002.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Yea, I hate it too!

My 02 F250 was the same way. Think all trucks might be going this way.

Bad part is, the lil dots in the center, if you want to put tint on, something will have to be done to them. Either sand down or someting cause tint will not stick to it.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:57 PM

I guess I'll just have to squint--or use my visors.

Hey Steve, where in Winston-Salem are you? I live off of Peace Haven Rd near Calvary Baptist.

It's funny, when I was making my case for the Putco Boss Bars, I showed the pictures of your rig to my wife and she really liked the look. Now we're sporting them.

Later,
David
Old 04-24-2004, 01:08 PM

dcorneli: I work in Winston but live in the big town of Tobaccoville!! I figured that no one would know where that was so I put Winston.

Yeap, I love those Putco! Not cheap but those 3" bars look so small on a truck so big and long.

I see your into camping too. Where do you camp? Two of our favorites are in Hillsville, Va and Salisbury. Since we have two small boys we kinda always look and goto place that will keep them happy.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:22 PM

My complaint too.

Went to the window tinting shop for the 4 door windows and did the shade band across the top of windshield too, nice and dark.

Very effective.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by Stevenc
I see your into camping too. Where do you camp? Two of our favorites are in Hillsville, Va and Salisbury. Since we have two small boys we kinda always look and goto place that will keep them happy.
We camp at several different campgrounds: Lake Myers (would be great for your kids), Van Hoy, Myrtle Beach Travel Park, Bear Creek (Asheville)...etc.

We mostly stay fairly close by. What are the names of the campgrounds in Hillsville and Salisbury?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Stevenc
Yea, I hate it too!
Bad part is, the lil dots in the center, if you want to put tint on, something will have to be done to them. Either sand down or someting cause tint will not stick to it.
I had a 4" strip of tint added to my windshield last July & I haven't had a problem with it & they didn't sand the "dots" off.

It makes a big diffrence too!!
Old 04-25-2004, 09:45 PM

I just had my windshield replaced by the dealer because it had a scratch in it when delivered. I ask the guy if I could get the new windshield with the top shaded. He said he checked and it is not available for the 3rd generation Dodge.

So after it was installed I went up to a place in Kalamazoo that tints windows and had the rear window (that wasn't tinted from the factory) and the top 4" of the windshield tinted. Turned out great and the Dealer picked up the tab for the rear window.........