3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Installing a CB Radio in a 3rd Gen.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing a CB Radio in a 3rd Gen.

I expect to take delivery of my new Mega Cab in early April. What I'm wondering is, how and where can I mount my CB if I decide to re-install it in the new truck? I ordered bucket seats with the center console so there's no room on the center hump like there was in my first gen.

Anyone done this? Got any pictures?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:11 PM

DTR member Big Bob makes a mount for CB's. Here's a pic: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...04&postcount=2
Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 PM
FDX

Originally Posted by Mike S.
I expect to take delivery of my new Mega Cab in early April. What I'm wondering is, how and where can I mount my CB if I decide to re-install it in the new truck? I ordered bucket seats with the center console so there's no room on the center hump like there was in my first gen.

when did you order it?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by FDX
when did you order it?

The truck was ordered on January 19. I don't think that's the actual day I went in and ordered it, I think that's the date the dealer actually placed the order.

Just looking at the "Vehicle Shipment Status and History" printout my son got for me off of the secret webpage, the truck was scheduled for build on Feb 7 and was shipped to storage on Feb 28. The carrier container was put on hold for some reason from Feb 28 til Mar 12. It was loaded onto a railcar on Mar 13 and scheduled for delivery at the Dodge dealer on April 2. I would imagine I can take it home a day or two later.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 AM

I had the same dilema. I really don't like the big box thing as much anymore. So I went with the Cobra model that is all controlled by the mic. I installed the t/r unit under the gear shift floor, (there's lots of wasted space under there). I then made a nice aluminum bracket and it really looks nice. Then a nice motorola square speaker below, in the area below the light for the floor, and it really works great. I can comfortably reach the mic.

If you want pics, let me know. I shoulda went with one of these years ago. I like the scan function too.

Tom
Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 AM

On my 2004.5 I mounted my CB in front of my right knee on the bottom of the console. I have my brake control on the bottom of the console in front of my left knee. It works okay there.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 AM

MikeS. How did your son get that info? I would like to know where my truck is at. On order 07 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 Auto Laramie 4x4 fully loaded.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Here's a pic .... I think/hope....
Attached Thumbnails Installing a CB Radio in a 3rd Gen.-forum-size-cb.jpg  
Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Here is what I did.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:41 PM

I have been looking at buying a thid gen and what I am seeing is that electronic 4x4 shift model would be the way to go. No floor counsle. Can you remove the plastic tray? Then you can mount the radio vertical up against the center councle
Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by trev6971
MikeS. How did your son get that info? I would like to know where my truck is at. On order 07 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 Auto Laramie 4x4 fully loaded.
I can't help you find your truck, so the build info is of no use to me. Contact my son, Gottlos, with a private message. The secret web page I referred to is accessable only to Dodge employees and then only those with the need to know, (read that as the sales staff and management). He should be able to find out something, but I can't guarantee anything.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ight=roofgoofs

Check the thread out..there is a picture of my interior. A bit overboard probally, but what the heck. I also removed the inner shell of the console to get another 2 inches in depth so my junk wasnt hanging out too much.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM

I apologize for bringing up an old topic, but I guess it is better then starting the hole thing over again.

I am just wondering were you guys are getting your power to run the CB's? In my Jeep I am running my CB right off the battery. I was going to do the same in my truck. Would there be any drawbacks to this? If so were can I go for alternatives to get power?
Thanks
Kirk
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike S.

I have a picture of mine in my gallery, its not a mega cab but it may work the same.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM

I picked up one of those cigarette lighter plugs with the red and black leads as I only put the cb in on trips. Easy to put in and remove when you want.

(and don't apologize for bringing up a good, informative thread)

Quick Reply: Installing a CB Radio in a 3rd Gen.