3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I'm embarrassed by this...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berak just got his wife's minivan out of the body shop... not my style, but she seems to like it...

Old 02-15-2005, 12:09 PM

Actually, that's mine, it's a little too understated for my wife.

I have no problem having a little fun or poking a little on others, but this guy isn't even hear to defend himself and if he was, the tone's of the posts would be much different I think. If it's done with humor and is "good natured", no problem. Of course it's sometimes hard to read intent in some of these posts and we can project something that isn't there, but some of the posts seemed to be a little too demeaning.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

this is the internet... land of the keyboard warriors... I'm sure nobody would actually say any of this stuff to his face... (we might snicker behind his back though! )

gotta run, I gotta take a second job so I can afford some road armor bumpers and a wash/wax job for the truck!

Old 02-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Berak
Forrest,

I can't believe you'd post this when you have about the ugliest truck on the planet. I mean WHITE?? . (I'm assuming it's white if it was cleaned anyway). And why don't you at least fix the flippin running light on the tailgate if your going to post it for the whole world to see. I hope you got a good deal on that pipe bumper that was made at the high school shop class. I really like the "No hemi" stencil done with the Wallmart stencil kit, way classy dude.

Your right Lightman, this is so fun.... Everybody join in, since it's about accessories and taste no one will take it personaly. Let's go, who's next.... My pics are online, let it rip.

There used to be a saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, ...."
What a laugh. First of all, I never said it was 'so fun'. Secondly if people can't take a negative comment about their truck's acccessories like an adult, then they take their truck way too seriously. Lastly if you live by the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say' then why are you 'lowering yourself' to our level by ripping on Forrest's truck? Shouldn't you be taking the high road?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Thanks Forrest... I had to clean up my monitor from all the coke I spit on it...

That is a sharp looking truck Berak... the only thing I'd change (which may have been done with the new tires already) is to put something bigger on there to fill out the gap those fender flares make, they stick out so much it just doesn't look proportioned with the stockers on there.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Lightman
What a laugh. First of all, I never said it was 'so fun'. Secondly if people can't take a negative comment about their truck's acccessories like an adult, then they take their truck way too seriously. Lastly if you live by the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say' then why are you 'lowering yourself' to our level by ripping on Forrest's truck? Shouldn't you be taking the high road?
Ok, it isn't fun to do, you must be doing it for the enlightenment of others, right?
Do you really think I meant what I said about Forrest's truck? Isn't it painfully obvious the reason I "lowered myself" to your level was to point out how immature it is to be degrading someone else's tastes?

Do you see how Forrest immediately defended his truck and brought the issue of cost into the discussion? Why did he do that? Because he was a little offended at my comments, and he should have been. He then throws up two pics in an attempt to disparage my tastes. You see the cycle yet? It's all in good fun, for the most part, at least when the person being denigraded has the luxury of defending himself.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Banned

Hmmm. Berak, good looking truck. Don't like the fender flares though. To big for a tire that doesn't stick out enough. I don't care much for your little cummins C up by the opening of the hood. How are the little ricers gonna know what they are messing with? The clear lights on the roof are just . You can't even see them. What's the point in having them if you can't even see them. Step bars need to go. Don't flow with the curves of the body. Neither does that big square bumper looking thingy on the front end. And why did you go white wall out? That went out with bell bottoms. You wanna play, let's play.

Personally, I think forrest has the perfect truck. Who would expect a truck like that to run so hard? Can we say sleeper?

I'll bet if there was a picture of some goofy rice rocket on the first page instead of an otherwise beautiful CTD, you wouldn't have anything to say about it. Those stacks and mudflaps are just tasteless. Would it have been different if there was no picture on there? The guy wants us to look at his truck and what better place to have it looked at than online. Somebody go make the man a member so he can defend his truck and we can ask why he put those things on there. Chances are he doesn't know much about diesel's are how we run our stacks and mudflaps and he just put them on because "they're cool". But then again, isn't that why we all put stuff on our trucks? Because we think they look cool. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know this post goes both ways but oh well. This is how I feel.

There's mine. I thought I'd save you the trouble of looking through my gallery. Fire away boys.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Lighten up guys, it aint worth popping a blood vessel over
Old 02-15-2005, 01:54 PM

I guess the fact that everyone took my post about Forrest's truck seriously and the subsequent "attack" (if you could call it that ) on my truck shouldn't suprise me. What you fail to understand is that your only further proving my point, so by all means continue.

Let me put it simply for you: It was my intention to show how easy (and childish / immature) it is to make fun of others, especially reagarding anything subjective.

And you are 100% wrong, I don't like seeing others degraded for any reason relating to subjective items that they like or dislike as long as they do not cause harm to others, so it doesn't matter if the first pic was a Cummins truck or not. It's the principal I defend here, not the item in question.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Berak was just proving his point by calling out my truck... while I appreciate the "defense", it didn't get under my skin (mainly because I knew he was just proving a point )

my truck is a little hot rod beater... cheap, fast, and functional... I just put the NO HEMI deal on the bumper because I think cookie cutter stickers and graphics are lame, I'm proud of the Cummins (it's the only reason I own the truck! LOL!), my fender badges are gone, and I've heard "that thing got a Hemi?!" a few too many times

to each their own... I'm sure lots of people roll their eyes at my truck, but I didn't get it to impress people visually... I got it to pass them on the highway and maybe split an eardrum or two while doing so... I'm happy w/ it

the guy w/ the "peterbilt"? he put those mud flaps and stacks on there to turn heads and make people stare... if he cut a couple feet off those stacks, it'd be a decent lookin' ride... but he ASKED for the visual criticism when he deviated it from stock...

just as I did when I painted NO HEMI on my back bumper... but I assumed the fact that I spent $4 to put it on there, and not $20-40 on huge vinyl stickers combined with the lack of chrome and other tacky add-ons would help clue people into the fact that I don't give a crap what my truck looks like. I just want it to haul ***!

to each their own...

but like I said, he can keep it!

Forrest
Old 02-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Berak
Actually, that's mine, it's a little too understated for my wife.

I have no problem having a little fun or poking a little on others, but this guy isn't even hear to defend himself and if he was, the tone's of the posts would be much different I think. If it's done with humor and is "good natured", no problem. Of course it's sometimes hard to read intent in some of these posts and we can project something that isn't there, but some of the posts seemed to be a little too demeaning.
I wouldn’t have any problem printing out our posts and giving it to the person that owns that truck. Might be the right thing to do for them and us. Maybe they would remove some of the doodads on the truck. Hey if I was walking around with the barn door open I would want somebody to tell me. Saving everybody from embarrassment.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:39 PM

Hey guys was just goin threw this thread read about what ya all had to say bout the truck with the big stacks. It didnt come up on my screen but if one of yous could send me a link to it so i can get a glimpse id highly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
It seems he has removed the picture from his host gallery so we'll call this one done.