3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I'm embarrassed by this...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfeman
Is that truck from Texas? I think it was in Cedar Park the other day ( or one very much like it ) 5" stacks really stood out but it was raining and I was parked in the Walmart lot as he went by.
those are bigger than 5" i'd say 8"
Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not impressed with the diameter of the stacks, but if they are there for practical reasons, such as I need, the height is not excessive. I need them or one that long. The purpose of stacks is to get the exhaust away from the cab. My truck will suck in exhaust while idling, so will have to go to stacks.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Tfeore
Is it just me or is that truck parked in a handicap spot? Maybe his/her handicap is a lack of common sense...
Tom
I don't think it's so much he's parked in a handicap spot as much as he can't park in a single spot and went into the handicap spot.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

LMAO @ some of you guys' comments!!!!

BigBlue,

like I said, to each their own... but I don't go out for stuff like that... flames? maybe... but the ram head? yeah, we get it... it's a ram... I crack up at all the mustang guys with huge ford ovals on their back window or MUSTANG banners across the front... yeah, we get it... it's a ford mustang

don't get me started on all the CTD owners who have HUGE "Cummins Turbo Diesel" and "If Ya Can't Dodge it, Ram it" decals pasted everywhere... I can put up with a big C on the hood if it's done tastefully, but I wouldn't do it on my truck...

I'll admit, I'm a little more subtle than a lot of guys... I'd rather let the vehicle's performance speak for itself... the statement is much more powerful that way IMHO.

that's why I used to terrorize the street races in an '81 Ford Fairmont station wagon instead of a mustang like the hundreds of other guys out there...

and, no, I didn't have any stickers on the Fairmont either

Forrest
Old 02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
I am not impressed with the diameter of the stacks, but if they are there for practical reasons, such as I need, the height is not excessive. I need them or one that long. The purpose of stacks is to get the exhaust away from the cab. My truck will suck in exhaust while idling, so will have to go to stacks.
my stacks exited about 8-9" above the roof... not so much as a whif while idling... that's one of the things I miss about my stacks... 370's and advanced timing puts out some haze at idle
Old 02-03-2005, 11:28 PM

looks like a wantabe big truck
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 PM

Cool

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing
that's why I used to terrorize the street races in an '81 Ford Fairmont station wagon instead of a mustang like the hundreds of other guys out there...

and, no, I didn't have any stickers on the Fairmont either

Forrest
HELL YEA! :RockOn:
Old 02-03-2005, 11:53 PM

To each his own. Doesnt do anything for me, aint my cup-o-tea. Just proves again that some have more Dollars than sense.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by BigRobin
hey, each to his own. it's his money. sometimes you do wonder about the little pp complex.
Beat me to it! SMS for sure! (small male syndrom)
Old 02-04-2005, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Casey Balvert
Some guys just have the need to go BIG to make up for areas in which they are NOT.
Umm, that's a pretty big wing on top there Casey;

Just kiddin, I know that thing actually has a purpose.

~Rob
Old 02-04-2005, 05:17 PM

No one noticed the stock exhaust out the back?
Only kidding.

Now the pic of the Ram with the fiver is a sharp looking rig (IMHO), and is probably his inspiration after the Lotto.
Just a little off the mark......
Old 02-06-2005, 12:40 AM

Personally I find the stacks a little small. Perhaps replacing with a pair of stainless garbage cans would truly show some massive testosterone levels. That's just me being a smart*#*. I think I read this stuff too late at night and makes me laugh like heck. To each his own.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:12 AM

I just love coming back to this post to look at the first truck with the huge stacks and mudflaps. My wife who by listening to me talk CTD all the time is pretty knowlegable said, "Man, that's ugly no way you are doing that to ours." I am kinda interested in the running boards though.

Casey, the picture of your set up is saved on my harddrive at work and when comes up with several other pictures from here as my screen saver, I love looking at it. That picture says to me "What part of the country we seeing this month."

James
Old 02-06-2005, 09:49 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice stacks.......... on a Dump Truck, that's sad someone spent good money on that.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:58 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally posted by DustyRock
To each his own. Doesnt do anything for me, aint my cup-o-tea. Just proves again that some have more Dollars than sense.
exactly... pretty ugly to me but to each his own. i would never dream of doing something like that to my truck.

casey,

very nice rig. i like the way it looks with the camper setting the truck down on the ground like that. looks sweet!!!

britt

Quick Reply: I'm embarrassed by this...