3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I really miss this site

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really miss this site

I did not really realize how much i missed this site untill now. I have not been on this new site very long and i asked one small question. I have been getting nothing but crap from this one member non stop.Maybe this is my punishment for buying a gm . So what do you guys think. Al least here if you ask a question about your truck. you do not get somebody eveery post trying to tell you . you are going to kill the planet. If you would look this over and tell me what you think. Thanks Bobby

http://www.gm-diesel.com/diesel/vbul...ad.php?t=23019
Old 12-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to remember giving you some advice a few times with your problems if I remember correctly. I think you ignored me.

It happens. We make our choices and have to live with them.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be honest with you. This is about the only site I go to.... It's ran with respect and I appreciate that. An that is what I try to give back. If that guy was on here I beat he would of been asked to behave and if not, down the road he would go.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:00 AM

Thumbs up

If i did i am sorry. Are you talking about here or on the gm site. For some reasion this guy has really gotton under my skin. I was just wondering if any body elese has run into this problem. I respect every ones opinun adn i know we are never go to agree on everything. But ever scence i posted that one question that one guy has been nonstop. Of all the post i have posted here. I do not ever rember anybody acting that way. I sure hope i have not acted that way towards anybody.Like i said in that post i was just trying to get as much info as i could before i did anything to my truck.All the mebers except one gave good onest opinions. I go by the name Mopar65 There. but wanted to say thanks for taking the time to read my post. Bobby
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 AM

Thumbs up

Spooler you have said 100 percent what i was trying to say. This site is awesome. I wish larry had a duramax site like his dodge site. so far most of the guys on that gm site are pretty cool. but not that one guy. Thanks Bobby
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
On internet forums there are normally at least two to three bad apples in the bunch. At DTR they just don't last long before they are told to straighten up or hit the road. Yeah, he is not playing very nice......
Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 AM

I've been on boards since before the internet.......and believe me, there's one in every crowd, and forum too.

I will say this is one of the best forums I have been on due to one key thing, management. Even thought I can't say $(*@*@$&^!(_@ on here..it's ok. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Man, what a tree-hugging. That site should be called: Anti-Power, Anti-mods. There is NOTHING wrong with horsepower!! Go over to CompetitionDiesel.com and go to their Chevy section. There are some good people on that site that won't tell you you are a horrible person for wanting to mod your truck. I want to join that site just to tell that guy what an he is!!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:42 AM

Go placidly and remember what peace there may be in silence

" shower them with kindness" and "keep your words sweet....for one day you may have to eat them". I'm new to this site and have gotten very respectfull answers to many questions. Thanks to you all. I work in petro-chem construction and some of those in that field are really rank individuals. Have learned not to take some things seriously from indivuals like that. The above advise is from experience, some come around others will never change. Didn't work my way up in this field fighting the ignorant, but made it by listening to experience and learning. Good luck with your new truck.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Soooooo...... Do you have a CTD or a Duramax?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar72
If i did i am sorry. Are you talking about here or on the gm site. For some reasion this guy has really gotton under my skin. I was just wondering if any body elese has run into this problem. I respect every ones opinun adn i know we are never go to agree on everything. But ever scence i posted that one question that one guy has been nonstop. Of all the post i have posted here. I do not ever rember anybody acting that way. I sure hope i have not acted that way towards anybody.Like i said in that post i was just trying to get as much info as i could before i did anything to my truck.All the mebers except one gave good onest opinions. I go by the name Mopar65 There. but wanted to say thanks for taking the time to read my post. Bobby
I have run into a similar problem on another site where members/sponsors conitunally try to jam Amsoil down your throat. I did not renew my premium membership and rarely go there anymore. I do not post there at all anymore, either. As for this site- it is pretty reliable and there is some discipline here which keeps everyone honest and for the most part decently courteous...
Old 12-28-2007, 11:00 AM

If you just ignore him, he'll stop typing. I wouldn't respond to ANY of his posts. Just act like they're not there. He'll get the hint. And everyone else who reads the thread will see the patern and probably start ignoring him as well. That being said, that guy seems like a JERK!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 AM

If you stop reacting to his posts, the argument will cease. Sometimes the greatest show of strength is restraint.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flytrip
If you stop reacting to his posts, the argument will cease. Sometimes the greatest show of strength is restraint.
Now, that is good!

Welcome back Mopar , check dieselplace.com
Old 12-28-2007, 12:26 PM

Before the Dodge I had a Chevy-Duramax. Try this forum, http://dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

And yes this is GREAT forum. No many how many times some things e.g. headlights/voltmeter fluctuation when cold, get asked there are courteous replies. Even the "text" messengers (pet peeve) that don't use any punctuation and are tough to read for this old fart are responded to without any negativity.

One more thing, Amsoil is not the cure for World Hunger.

Quick Reply: I really miss this site