3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help!!!

Okay I am still battleing this wiper motor issue. I cannot believe that I am the only 04 ram out there having this problem. With the wipers in the off position on the switch they will still delay cycle. 1st time on here everyone condemned the switch, called the local dealer that I bought the truck from talked to my buddy in service and he finished my sentance for me and told me to replace the switch. Okay, 30 bucks later problem seems fixed. Today on my way to work I stopped on the side of East bound 44 to remove the fuse from the fuse block because the wipers were cycling on their own again. *** is going on here. I tried talking to my buddy about it again and now he says he is lost. Possibly this and possibly that. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it. I also have just recently lost control of my power mirrors. Guessing that is just a switch but I am begining to get upset. Love the truck but these two things are annoying. Please someone help. I am at the end of my rope.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:37 AM

My first answer would be that you have a short, do you have any trouble codes? Does the any fuses blow out? Have the wires checked for continuity. It's sounding like a short though to me. Look around the fuse block there may be a piece of a wire that is touching something with a consant flow of power. Just tring to help Dude...
Old 08-12-2006, 08:53 AM

I very much appreciate the help. The thing is, is that it might go a month or 2 with out doing it at all. Then for a day or two it will do it all the time. Never thought of a short though. Thanks for the help. Anymore suggestions I am off work tomorrow and monday, so I will be chasing my tail trying to find the problem.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:05 PM

I had an 81 chevy that did that, did the usual switch change, check for shorts, ended up beening an internal short in the wiper motor circuit, replaced motor problem solved. just something to think about