3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Was I asking to much??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was I asking to much??

I have boughten 3 new dodge trucks since 1999 from my dealer. I have boughten the usual crap from parts,like seatcovers and door guards on each purchase.I last bought in sept of last year. I ordered a sirius set up from parts and asked for a 10% discount as i have spent a lot of money here.Parts guy scoffs at me and say every one pays the same.I had 30 days to buy at 10% off.This pos laughed at me when I questioned his attitude. I called my salesman and got the ten off but was I wrong to expect some kind off discount. 30% off on line but shipping adds up.

Well was I wrong for getting po'ed at this parts guy??
Old 04-02-2005, 06:18 AM

The dealership I purshased my truck from gives me 10% discount every time I buy from parts dept. I only go there 1 - 2 times a year but never get hassled about the discount. I just mention it and they apply the 10%.

Brad
Old 04-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Look for a different dealer.
When I need something from a dealer I don't go to the closest one, I pick the best one.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:06 PM

In 25 years working in dealers I have met and known a few nice parts guys and managers.I also have had some of the nastiest attitude,cockyest,*** wipes I've ever known working in parts and they didn't give a hoot about nothing.Last parts manager at the D.C.dealer I worked at and one parts counterman HE always defended were just plain JERKS.Ran off many a customer and had techs threaten them with bodily harm.I still wish I'd run into the young smart mouth counterman in a dark ally one night.They were there YEARS and got away with it.No one could understand WHY.Would LOSE a sale on something like a high dollar radio that they ordered and handed to a customer and MADE tons of money without even having to put it in inventory or reman trans or what not.He'd tell them NO on a 10% discount and LOSE the whole deal.What a jerk.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

ozman - you say you've bought three trucks from the same dealer? I'd go directly to the owner and tell him that and that you won't be buying your next 3 from him if that's how his employees do business. I'm pretty sure a 10% discount will barely make a difference in their profit (I mean, the fuel filter that's ~$8 at Cummins, they want ~$55 for! 10% off that and they're still making a HUGE profit!!) and bottom line.

If the owner doesn't seem to care, tell him you will be taking your business elsewhere and describing your treatment and experience to everyone you know in town and anyone else who will listen. And then do it.

(LOOSE = not tight, Lose = not being able to keep something )
Old 04-02-2005, 05:09 PM

You can do much better on Sirius shopping on E-bay. i purchased the receiver and install kit for $180.00. both are the genuine Chrysler part #s. Take a look and mabey you can return or cancel your order with your *******.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Banned

I've got friends that work for Dodge, Volkswagen, Ford, and Toyota... employee discounts are the only way to fly

Forrest
Old 04-02-2005, 05:25 PM

LOOSE(brain waking from nap)LOSE after 50 and and a nap! My point beiing on the thread is also PARTS people mostly deal with a lot fewer customers face to face.I use to ask why if THEY forget to bill out a part or ordered WRONG parts 3 times in row etc.Why THEY never had to call or talk to the customers.It ALWAYS is left up to service to do so.I've known some parts people that were worse then dealing with a run over badger.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:42 AM

I always get a parts discount when I purchase a new truck. Got 25 % at Ford and am getting 20% at Dodge. Locaton where I bought Dodge only wanted to give me 10% so I went to another branch location of same dealer and got the 20. NAPA gives me a trucker discount of 25% but I have to ask for it each time. Maybe I should try W/M? I'd talk to the owner of manager. With the business your giving them they should be glad to give you a discount.

Phil