3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

I am shocked by my truck ! Literally!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am shocked by my truck ! Literally!

Okay, I've had a 2004.5 Dodge Quad Cab and now a 2006 Mega Cab, and they both do it. When I get out of my truck, and go to close the door, I always get shocked, kinda like static electricity. At first, I thought this was something specific to my 04.5, but even my 06 does it.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

mine does it every time. cloth seats? touch the ground with your feet before touching the metal of the door.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM

Same here, worst in dry weather. They used to make rubber strips that drug on the ground. Wonder why they stopped that.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned

yeah, it's just them telling you not to leave! it's their way of saying "keep driving!"

seriously though, that aerosol anti-static spray will fix it
Old 12-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There have been several cases where gassers have caught fire when the driver touches the pump handle 1st during fill up.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM

mine does thaT tooo , and i have leather.nuther silly question here, as you drive by streetlights at night , do they tend to shut off as you drive by>??
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM

Never had mine do it
Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM

As long as I see no one startig to walk around with a static straps hanging from their backsides , it'll be just fine.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:04 PM

I get a blast every time I touch the door after getting out too. I was considering putting on a couple of static straps to solve the problem. Only thing I wonder is how will that effect the truck, bing discharded all the time by the straps? Maybe it would actually be a good thing?

CD
Old 12-29-2006, 06:10 PM

the street lights do that to me to pretty freaky like they dont like me
Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't care what vehicle you have they all do it where I live. Drives me crazy. Usually take the key and touch the door latch so I don't get shocked.
Youch.......
Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM

You can prevent that if you touch your tongue to the window frame before getting out . . .
Old 12-29-2006, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please post pics of you demonstarting this method

Preferably in -40 weather......

Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by FirstDodge
You can prevent that if you touch your tongue to the window frame before getting out . . .
Will let you come up and try it first....I found just opening the door and petting my dog as he jumps out first discharges me painlessly.

On a humorous note...We get a lot of military coming up for cold weather training, but until they get that said training....
A young couple was up here a few years back in the dead of winter, and was making a trip from Fairbanks to delta, about a hundred miles. Well the story goes she had to go #1 real bad and with no rest areas or any place to stop but pull-offs along the highway he was forced to stop off the side of the road, where she jumped out and ran around back an dropped her jeans an sit on the bumper...well the next thing he hears is her screaming, so he jumps out and runs back to find her rear end froze to his bumper, Now being a guy the first thing that you must not do at this point is laugh, and have a bottle of water, well this guy not knowing this or having any liquid to pour on said rear had to resort to more personal fluid....guess she didn't think it was as funny as he did....she now lives down south somewhere
Old 12-29-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Will let you come up and try it first....I found just opening the door and petting my dog as he jumps out first discharges me painlessly.

On a humorous note...We get a lot of military coming up for cold weather training, but until they get that said training....
A young couple was up here a few years back in the dead of winter, and was making a trip from Fairbanks to delta, about a hundred miles. Well the story goes she had to go #1 real bad and with no rest areas or any place to stop but pull-offs along the highway he was forced to stop off the side of the road, where she jumped out and ran around back an dropped her jeans an sit on the bumper...well the next thing he hears is her screaming, so he jumps out and runs back to find her rear end froze to his bumper, Now being a guy the first thing that you must not do at this point is laugh, and have a bottle of water, well this guy not knowing this or having any liquid to pour on said rear had to resort to more personal fluid....guess she didn't think it was as funny as he did....she now lives down south somewhere

LOL!

Nice story

Quick Reply: I am shocked by my truck ! Literally!