3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

hvac blend door question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hvac blend door question

So a few years ago I noticed my AC not being so good. I followed the forum advice and removed my blower under the glove box and the door was broken off and laying on top of the blower so I pulled it out and called it good for a while until I can get time to either cut into the airbox or pull the whole thing to install some new doors.
Today while driving the truck, I noticed that when I turn the climate control **** from blue (cold) to red (hot) with the AC on (ac button depressed and light on) the air coming out of the vents turns from cold to hot, making be think that it wasn't the blend door that is broke? Blend door is the one that diverts the air from the heater core to AC correct or am I wrong? What door usually breaks off and sits on top of the blower motor?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one that broke on mine and was sitting on top of the blower motor was the recirculation door. Removed it and JB welded it back together with some added rod for support. Works fine now. I never removed the box just repaired the door and reinserted it.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, that would be the recirculation door, happened to mine as well. This door determines whether the blower motor is pushing outside air or cab air.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess that might be better news. I've been doing a little reading on it now. Looks like back in the day everyone was converting over to a new design of the blend door actuator box assembly, then everyone started switching over to the Heater Treater metal doors. Guess I need to make a decision.
Thanks.