3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

How to clean pull down cup holder drenched with Sprite.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to clean pull down cup holder drenched with Sprite.

Last weekend my son was sitting in the middle seat (his favorite spot) and the lid from the soda popped off when he picked it up. The contents from the whole thing drenched that whole area. We all cleaned it up as much as possible but obviously can’t get into the crevices like the pivot point or the latch.

Is there some way I can get the whole cup holder assembly out of there and soak it in water or something. It’s almost livable but part of it is it squeaks now and then. It looks nice and clean on the surface but the sticky latch is also a reminder of the carnage. It’s a 2006 Laramie with the (3) seat front.

BTW, I didn’t get very mad at my son because he was almost more concerned about the truck as I was. He and the wife were working hard wiping up the stuff. He also hates the sticky latch. I guess the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remove it and wash it in a bucket of soapy water, reassemble and put some silicone grease on the gear that controls the swing function.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How does the cup holder come out? I removed the ashtray and the black things under the cups but don't see how the whole pivot assembly comes out.

I remember taking part of the dash off (5) years or so but for the life of me I don't remember if I ever took off the pivoting part.