3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

gun rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derek.mckay
I'm stationed out here in San Diego and know exactly what you mean about the whole SWAT thing and getting shot over your cell phone...but I am from Independence, VA...a place that you can drive through and miss. Everybody knows your name and most EVERYBODY with a truck has a rifle or shotgun in their back glass! I like the fella from Kentucky, leave my keys in my vehicles, whether they cost 50k or not and don't need to lock any doors. You say that if you leave your truck for a few minutes with guns advertised in your back glass that they will be gone by the time you get back...back where I come from, you knock the window out of somebody's truck, you have a coon hound to deal with before you get those mitts on the gun you just HAD to have...my dogs go EVERYWHERE with me when I go somewhere! There are also NO jobs that pay worth anything, but the people and cost of living out there make all the "downfalls to most" PERKS to me ...I miss home
Yeah....my wife is from the Richmond area and I can't get her to move back there! Her family has farms NE of Richmond and every time we visit I want to stay! Used to be around here we all had gun racks in the window and dog or two in the back but not anymore! We DO have Outbacks, bass boosters and condos in hayfields but that's progress, right? Besides VA I like Kentucky a lot but looks like I'm stuck here in Yuppieville for now.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mj007
Yeah....my wife is from the Richmond area and I can't get her to move back there! Her family has farms NE of Richmond and every time we visit I want to stay! Used to be around here we all had gun racks in the window and dog or two in the back but not anymore! We DO have Outbacks, bass boosters and condos in hayfields but that's progress, right? Besides VA I like Kentucky a lot but looks like I'm stuck here in Yuppieville for now.
The best thing about country dogs, besides the fact that they WORK HARD for a living compared to city dogs that just sit in the house or back yard and bark all day long, is that you can tell them to stay in the back of your pickup, and they will be there when you get back...no matter if it's minutes or hours from when you told them to stay. Urbanization hasn't started where I live yet...hasn't any in the past 15 years, and I hope it stays that way. Though I can't live there right now because of the military, it would be a GREAT place to quiet down and retire in. Until then mom and pop are takin care of the house and some of the land, and the little brothers and sister take care of the cattle and they ALL do the haulin

Derek
Old 12-27-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by derek.mckay
...a place that you can drive through and miss. Everybody knows your name and most EVERYBODY with a truck has a rifle or shotgun in their back glass! I like the fella from Kentucky, leave my keys in my vehicles, whether they cost 50k or not and don't need to lock any doors. You say that if you leave your truck for a few minutes with guns advertised in your back glass that they will be gone by the time you get back...back where I come from, you knock the window out of somebody's truck, you have a coon hound to deal with before you get those mitts on the gun you just HAD to have...my dogs go EVERYWHERE with me when I go somewhere! There are also NO jobs that pay worth anything, but the people and cost of living out there make all the "downfalls to most" PERKS to me ...I miss home
While reading this I had visions of a dirty kid in overalls playing a banjo...
Old 12-27-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by trik396
I want to live somewhere where everyone carries guns, and you don't have to worry about getting your truck jacked. And I want to be able to walk out my back door of my house and not be able to see anything but my land and wildlife. I live in the wrong part of this country. Just a small Christmas wish...
Like where I am. A guy can pee in the back yard without edited by admin
Mike B

Last edited by Totallyrad; 06-12-2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
While reading this I had visions of a dirty kid in overalls playing a banjo...
You got it! That youngin was me!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldAlaskan
Here in Alaska, I daresay a high percentage of vehicles on the road have at least one gun on board, often concealed.
Theres NO PLACE like home.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I made a SS 3-gun rack for the rear window of my '98 Ram, and it's had at least two long guns in it for years... never had a problem with break-ins (or rude drivers ), but I would cover them in the back seat when staying at a hotel, etc.

I got so used to them I would sometimes forget they were back there; they can make quite a stir if you drive through the middle of a DEA drug bust/stakeout, try to drive onto an Army or Air Force base, or enter the missile command center in Huntsville, AL (don't ask how I discovered this helpful information! )

p.s. and don't forget the orange alert status vehicle inspections at DFW!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would be in the minority in Texas if you have a pick up with out a gun rack. . .Sure not the same up here in Colorado. . . .A loaded gun rack seems to cut down on road rage.