3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

GREAT news for California buyers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GREAT news for California buyers!

We finally found a dealer where we can get the new HO with the stupid CA emissions sticker AND a great price that's right up there with Tomeygun and Dishman in WA.

It took lots of phone calls and help from lots of folks on this board and the TDR.

We can get $1000 below invoice in Oregon from:

Eric Todd - Internet Sales Mgr
Lithia Dodge Eugene, OR
800-437-6496

He seems like a nice enough guy, starting at $550 under and asked for another chance if we found a better deal. We did and he came through. A lot of dealers lied, misled, laughed at us, and baited and switched. Eric has promised that the only other fee will be a $50 admin fee and a $20 DMV moving permit to get it to CA.

The Eugene airport is 5 miles away and it's right by the 5 freeway for the drive back to Cali.

Thanks again to dawall, RickE, and NJMurvin for their help and most of all bellyscraper on the TDR who squeezed out the last $100.

Order is in. Now it's waitin' time!!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:11 PM

Hey Guys, this is great! Glad to see another dealer stepping up to the plate and give great deals!
Old 02-07-2004, 07:16 PM

That's a long way to go for warranty work isn't it? Oh I know your the kind of guy that throws the Local Dealer a bone when it comes to warranty work. And trust me they love you for it!
Old 02-07-2004, 10:08 PM

Hey Big Bob,

I owe you a big thanks. You posted Butch from Dishman's deal and when I tried to order I opened up the big can of California smog worms.

Anyway I was determined to get a deal like everyone else and not be shut out just because of where I live and the morons that run this state. So we kept trying.

The people on this board and the TDR are absolutely fantastic. These are the best forums that I have ever been a part of without a doubt.

Great attitudes, tons of knowledge, and almost non existent flaming.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:18 AM

Re: GREAT news for California buyers!

Originally posted by ksadz
Eric has promised that the only other fee will be a $50 admin fee and a $20 DMV moving permit to get it to CA.
But I am sure that when you go to the CA DMV you will have to pay CA sales tax on that new truck.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by rattlenrod
That's a long way to go for warranty work isn't it? Oh I know your the kind of guy that throws the Local Dealer a bone when it comes to warranty work. And trust me they love you for it!
That is not a problem! It's a Dodge Warranty, not a dealer warranty. I have never had any problems taking my rigs to another dealer for warranty work! In some cases, other dealers have responded alot better that the purchacing dealer!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:13 PM

Re: Re: GREAT news for California buyers!

Originally posted by Matt400
But I am sure that when you go to the CA DMV you will have to pay CA sales tax on that new truck.
Of course I'll have to pay CA sales tax and license to the CA DMV! I have no problem with that.

What I was trying to get across that there will be no other bogus "dealer prep fees", "desert prep fees", etc that other dealers were actually quoting me during the search. Some added up to $300 in totally bogus fees. This is a true $1000 back of invoice.