3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Graphite or Patriot Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 06:32 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Re:Graphite or Patriot Blue?

When I bought my truck I had a hard time deciding between the blue, the graphite or the almond. Eventually settled on the almond and now glad I did because it has to be really dirty before it is noticable.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patriot Blue, and not looking back!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That blue in the pic is a nice color, I take my comments back slightly. I was picturing the more royal blue I've seen on trucks in the past. I still prefer the graphite though. I had a tough time choosing between black and graphite. My lazy side said go graphite, but my other side said nothing like a clean black truck!
Old 10-31-2003, 08:09 AM

Mine is graphite. Love the color but I drive alot of gravel roads and I have some serious rock chips behind my rear wheels. I will probably get the rocker rhino lined, cause the chips really make me sick :-X.-Steve
Old 10-31-2003, 08:13 AM

black and it seems like i wash it every day but id does look nice when its clean
Old 10-31-2003, 05:43 PM

I ordered the Patriot Blue PC. I wanted Black, my better half wanted Black or Red but when we got to the dealership to place the order, the 1st truck on the lot was PB and that's what she said it had to be. What's funny is that she started complaining about PB 2 weeks after it was ordered. Good lord, why couldn't she just make up her mind? I had to tell her that the boat she wants has the same Blue down the side so it would match. Now she's happy again with the PB again.

BTW, if I was looking for a color that doesn't show dirt or scratches, I'd go with the Graphite or Almond color.

Old 10-31-2003, 06:28 PM

I have to agree with everyone else, the Graphite is going to show much less dirt, but it is hard to beat the Patriot Blue when it's clean. I don't mind washing and polishing our new PB at all. We drove a Graphite Sport a day before we bought the PB, I could have gone either way, we just got a better deal on the PB. Good Luck, no matter what you get you're gonna love it.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:28 AM

I had an 03 graphite Hemi 1500. Kind of agree with the others here--an easy color to keep clean and looks good doing it. My new truck is flame red-easier to see in the garage ;D Good luck in making your choice.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:09 PM

I traded a graphite grey for the patriot blue dually. Grey definately easier to keep clean, but I take all the emblems off except the cummins and run them in the stealth mode. Blue sure looks good all cleaned up. I dont think they make the DRW in the grey so Blue was my next choice. If your worried about showing dirt go with the silver.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Muted User

Mine's Atlantic Blue Pearl. Although blue is my favorite color, I really had little choice in that the truck was what I wanted, and I didn't want to have to wait for the dealer to find one somewhere with a color I prefered more. My truck was only 82 miles away, and I had it in two hours. So, this shade of blue is fine, no problems yet, but I think the Patriot Blue might have been something I prefered more.

By the way, does anyone have Atlantic Blue, and have you had any problems?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:41 PM

I was concerned with the monochromatic look of the graphite/silver combo. Well, it really grew on me and now I am very happy I went with that combo. Looks good even with 2 weeks of dirt and grime, looks great after a fresh bath! Probably would not matter what color, still gotta love these trucks!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm kind of surprised at everyone talking about how well the graphit hides dirt. My truck is graphite (dark grey as my wife calls it), and I've never really thought of it as hiding dirt. In fact, just like any other dark color, I've always thought it showed dirt pretty well. That's what I expected when I bought it though.... :-

Hides dirt?? I don't think so. : Then again....maybe I just have a different kind of dirt than the rest of you do. :-