3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Graphite or Patriot Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphite or Patriot Blue?

First post.. hi ;D

Soon to be a proud owner of a 2004 - 2500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4. Got everything else picked out but the color.. still riding on Graphite or Patriot Blue. Of the people who have these, which of these hide the dirt, scratches, and other nasty stuff? Coming from a Solar Yellow Nissan Xterra, I need help with a normal color

Thanks in advance for the help. It'll be a while before I get my truck, Getting it through a friend who owns a dealer, and he asked me to give him like 3 months to get exactly what I want. (adding some goodies too ) Plus it help to save up $$$ to add to my down payment.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Graphite or Patriot Blue?

Graphite.

Patriot blue is as hard to keep clean as black is.
Scratches show up, as well as swirl marks.

As noted in my sig, I have a Patriot Blue,
and it is a great color.

phox
Old 10-30-2003, 07:37 AM

I've got the two-tone Graphite Metallic/Silver combo. So far I love it. It stays fairly clean and has been pretty durable. Not to mention all the comments I get on the color. ;D
Old 10-30-2003, 08:59 AM

I've got the graphite, and it hides scratches and dirt pretty well. Only problem is, there's a lot of other graphite trucks showing up - it's a popular color and not very unique anymore. :P
Old 10-30-2003, 10:15 AM

I have a graphite gasser ('03 1500) and an '03 2500 in Patriot blue.

I absolutely hate the blue! I did not realize how much dirt shows on the blue. My graphite truck looks great a few days after washing. My blue one needs attention daily.

The other day I washed both, one right after the other. I can actually "feel" a difference in the paint quality. There appears to be a much smoother finish on the grahite. The blue feels "flat" almost like a matte finish.

I am going to put some elbow grease into her and see if I can get a decent protective finish.

Strange. Same dealership, same brand at the same time. Definitely do not like my blue paint...
Old 10-30-2003, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the graphite is 800x more classy looking, regardless of the fact it will also show less dirt. I dont care much for the blue at all. Of course, color is personal preference, but my vote goes for the graphite!
Old 10-30-2003, 11:59 AM

i have the graphite and i love it. to me, it is the best color around. everyone that has seen it has told me it is a great looking truck. it hides dirt as well as any color that i have ever had. the bottom line really though, should be what color you like the best. i don't care for patriot blue at all, but i have read that it is the number one selling color. so, it really is in the eye of the beholder. they both seem to hide dirt pretty well. all of the dodge colors scratch.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:23 PM

Thanks for all the replies :-) I was leaning towards the Graphite/Sliver combo, and with your replies, it looks like that is the way I am going. Now I just have to wait > ... plus I have to decide what I am gonna do with my current vehicle. Thanks again!
...Brandon
Old 10-30-2003, 01:01 PM

If the patriot blue had been available in the sport package I would have gotten it. I am sort of glad it was not due to the fact that I previously have owned two black vehicles and the patriot blue requires just about as much effort as black to keep looking good.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:46 PM

Graphite, the dark silver color right? Wow, I've not paid close attention, but I wrote it off as "too much like black, hard to keep clean"...Good to know because I DO like the look of it. Esp with the sports package.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:17 PM

i had the patriot blue in my 2001 dakota, now i have the 2 tone graphite, and silver. the blue when it came off the lot looked great, i LOVED it. but as you heard, the swirl marks showed up, and i couldn`t keep it clean.

now with the graphite, it does hide the dirt much better, and when you put a coat of wax on her, she really shines. i almost went with the blue again, but i`m sure glad i didn`t.

I must add that this paint is SOFT. really chips easy.i wish they could fix that.

my 2 cents
Old 10-30-2003, 07:07 PM

[quote author=stevenknapp link=board=17;threadid=21718;start=0#msg203725 date=1067557594]
Graphite, the dark silver color right? Wow, I've not paid close attention, but I wrote it off as "too much like black, hard to keep clean"...Good to know because I DO like the look of it. Esp with the sports package.
[/quote]

Yeah.. it is sweet, isn't it? Looks awesome with the two-tone paint (light silver on the bottom). I got to drive one with the Laramie Package for my friends dealership last week (he had to drag me out of it!) and everyone on the road was looking ;D Everyone looks at my truck now.. but it is a more.. "why in the world would anyone buy a YELLOW truck" look then a "sweet truck" look.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:56 PM

I have a graphite color truck and have taken it through my avocado ranch quite a few times and the branches are brushing against the truck, the soft and hard branches. I look, but it seems as though the branches dont do anything! I have heard that the paint is soft, but for me it does not seem to be that way. I usually got for a couple of weeks before a wash and the dirt does not really show up.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:15 AM

Like everyone else here with Patriot Blue, I love the color when it is clean. When the sun hits it just right the paint looks really deep, almost black. It's awesome! Until it gets dirty that is (which doesn't take long). I traded in a silver 98 and the best thing about that truck was that you couldn't even tell it was dirty unless you ran your fingers down the paint. Then you could tell how dirty it was.

Quick Reply: Graphite or Patriot Blue?