3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Good & Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good & Bad News

Good & Bad News Good news is I got my front windows tinted this afternoon. Bad news is when the guys was backing out of the tinting bay he broke my drivers side mirror. I wasn't the happiest person in the world. I can however see how it happened being the mirrors stick out so far. So, trying to keep my cool and not go balistic on the guy, I told him accidents happen. (idiot). Anyway he assured me he would make good. I told him to contact me in the morning and we would get together on the details of fixing it. It was 5:00 and I had to pick up my daughter from daycare. On the way I alled Dodge. $369 for a new mirror. He is not goint to be happy. I am sure that he is goint to suggest that he install the mirror as well. Which I don't think I want him to even touch my truck again. I mean he tints windows, he is not a body man.

What would you do?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are not comfortable with him doing the mirror install then i wouldn't let him touch my truck. I say take it to your place of choice (dealer?) and present him with their bill. It's probably going to be a $500 bill total. Accidents happen, but he needs to pay up. If you can work with him and find a cheaper way of getting the mirror then great....but remember you are having to "hassle" with it now too...and it is costing you your time to deal with it.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 AM

Have the dealer do the work and let him pay. I would get a quote from the dealer and take it to him. It sucks for him, but maybe he should be more careful in the future.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 AM

Are you talking about the Tow mirror?
If so, buy the PAIR of mirrors. The pair is actually a couple of dollars cheeper!
I changed mine by myself, it is no big deal.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
Are you talking about the Tow mirror?
If so, buy the PAIR of mirrors. The pair is actually a couple of dollars cheeper!
I changed mine by myself, it is no big deal.

Hairtrigger, how difficult was it to do? Any thing tricky?

The guy left me a message this morning before i got into work and said he had ordered the mirror and it would be in by noon. He also said he called the local dealer and arranged to have it installed or he and i could do it and he would give me a free tint on my next vehicle. He is trying to make good on it which is nice in this day and time b/c must customer service sux.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...At least he cares about your treatment and service...I say take your cars/trucks ect. there all the time... Makes you look good as a person too....

Mike
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 PM

The mirror replacement is very easy. As I remember there are just a couple of screws to remove. The mirror itself has a quick plug for the wiring and 3 nuts to remove.
You don't happen to need a power/heated tow mirror for the passenger side do you?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:56 PM

sounds like a stand up guy!
Old 07-26-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
The mirror replacement is very easy. As I remember there are just a couple of screws to remove. The mirror itself has a quick plug for the wiring and 3 nuts to remove.
You don't happen to need a power/heated tow mirror for the passenger side do you?
No, but thanks for asking. If he had ripped the passenger side off, we could have talked.