3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Getting truck at invoice - who do you contact?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting truck at invoice - who do you contact?

I was wondering, to save time, are those of you who were able to get invoice (which is what carsdirect sells for) working with fleet managers, sales managers, or just brute-forcing your way through the normal floor salesman process? I'm not sure I have the patience to endure an ordeal like that.

I was thinking of asking for the fleet mgr. and simply stating that "I want to order a loaded 3500 Laramie for invoice (pre-rebate), will you do it?" and see what he says. The other obvious method would be to present the carsdirect quote and ask if he'll meet or beat it. Then there's always the possibility of actually ordering thru carsdirect (what a concept - does anyone really do that?).

Any other ideas?
Old 01-21-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got my rig for invoice, but thats how this particular dealer does bussiness. he only sells for invoice. (he pulled the invoice from the office , and lets you have it....its for reel all you critics out there) when i did my factory order, i sat right next to him as we went through the options on the computer, there are 2 prices. invoice, and retail.right off the bat he says you get dealer price.

to get back on topic, i`ve heard of ppl e-mailing ALL the local dealers describing what they want, and that the`ll ONLY pay invoice.make sure that the dealers SEE that you sent it to multiple dealers.

story is that they got quick responses looking to do bussiness.

give it a try, and tell us how you do

GOD LUCK!!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:09 PM

Call this guy I ordered a truck from him for appoximately 3% below invoice. Stand up guy easy to deal with. He'll also provide you with a quote to use against your dealer. He's in St Louis. A few guys from here have ordered from here and plenty on the TDR he's a member of the TDR Tommeygun.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:57 PM

Medicshawn,

Can Tom Chaney arrange for delivery in another state? I live in Guvernator-land (Calleeeforneeeaaa). We are very particular about how our cars and trucks pollute out here. You can tell by the brown clouds hanging over LA.

I realize the 600s are 50 states vehicles, but knowing the bureaucracy here, I have to believe there would be some kind of problem. I guess it's worth giving him a call. I just hope the shipping wouldn't offset any difference in price. Come to think of it, my daughter lives in Springfield, MO. She could break it in for me. Nah, I want that job.

Thanks for the tip.

Neil
Old 01-21-2004, 09:19 PM

I belive he can work out shipping to you or a dealer near you, but you'd have to ask him about the particulars. I'm sure he can set something up.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:03 AM

I'm in SoCal as well and just ordered from Dishman Dodge in Spokane, WA. Call Butch Wilmes 877-568-3363 and ask him for the deal he's giving Turbo Diesel Register (TDR) folks and he'll give you $1100 below invoice plus any available incentives. The only catch is you have to order it and can't take one off the lot. Big deal.. It was painless and he was pretty responsive. Just another option for ya.

BTW, I ordered a loaded up 3500 325/600 50 Stater! Only option I can remember leaving out was the plow package.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:31 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll follow up on these leads today.

Neil
Old 01-22-2004, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by ksadz
I'm in SoCal as well and just ordered from Dishman Dodge in Spokane, WA. Call Butch Wilmes 877-568-3363 and ask him for the deal he's giving Turbo Diesel Register (TDR) folks and he'll give you $1100 below invoice plus any available incentives. The only catch is you have to order it and can't take one off the lot. Big deal.. It was painless and he was pretty responsive. Just another option for ya.

BTW, I ordered a loaded up 3500 325/600 50 Stater! Only option I can remember leaving out was the plow package.
Right On ksadz!

Butch is a super guy and is giving some super deals! Glad you were able to take advantage of it!

If you come to Spokane to get your truck, email me, I would mind meeting you for a pop or something.

Big Bob
Old 01-23-2004, 12:18 AM

Butch is off today. I'm ordering mine tomorrow. My local dealer can't even come close. I figure the trip will cost around $300.

THANKS, BIG BOB!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by RickE
Butch is off today. I'm ordering mine tomorrow. My local dealer can't even come close. I figure the trip will cost around $300.

THANKS, BIG BOB!!!
Yahoooo!
I have been extremely please with my new truck (Ghost Rider). What a difference from my 99! The 04 is awesome!

Glad everything worked out for you. Let me know when your in Spokane. I'd like to get together with you.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:09 PM

I need help. I called DC and found out that the 325/600 3500 I ordered 1/15 through Dishman Dodge in Spokane does not have the CA emissions (feature NAE). I spoke to Butch at Dishman this morning and he said he was told by his Dodge rep that only "border states" can order it.

I ordered through Dishman because of the $1100 below invoice deal he was offering to TDR members but now I'm screwed.

Butch was very apologetic and professional and will send me my deposit back. Does anyone know a dealer in Nevada, Arizona, or Oregon that can come close to $1100 below invoice or the famous Tomeygun 3% below invoice? I need to get back in the order queue!!!!

And why if this new engine is supposed to be 50-state can't other dealers order the CA emissions?

Thx guys.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:18 PM

I don't know why all the truck wouldn't be CA emissions cleared if the new engine is 50 stste legal? I have a order in with Tommeygun and I just spoke with him an hour ago so give him a call and see if he can help you out.

By the way mine was loaded onto a railcar in Laredo on 1/24

Tom Chaney
Lou Fusz Dodge
314-966-0630
Old 01-28-2004, 02:24 PM

Thx, I've got a call into Tom to get his take on it. I get why you couldn't order the previous HO but this doesn't make sense. Could it be a bug in the DC ordering system? Not that I really care what the problem is I just want my truck!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 PM

Ksadz,
I was just about to fax Butch my purchase agreement last Friday when I noticed that the truck didn't have "NAE Calif emissions". I called him back and told him you can't register in Calif without it. Now you're telling he can't order it. I haven't heard from Butch yet.

There are several of us from Calif trying to get a good deal. Maybe we can work together to get the best price. My local dealer was more than $1900 out the door higher than Butch. I won't be home tomorrow but Friday I'm going to start shopping. I'm ready to order!

Rick
Old 01-28-2004, 11:36 PM

RickE,

Try and hang on as there's still hope for us that live in CA and want a better deal like everybody else in the country. The dealers in my area won't even come close. I have a similar thread on TDR (subject "Screwed in California") and I think we'll get to the bottom of this soon. <A HREF="http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=91982">Thread on TDR</A>

It's boiling down to whether the actual emissions sticker under the hood says either Certified in California or 50 state. It's illegal to even bring it into the state, much less register it, without that verbage on the sticker. We just need someone with a new truck to look and tell us what it says.

Hey guys with the new trucks, can you do us a favor?

Thx, Kevin

Quick Reply: Getting truck at invoice - who do you contact?