3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Getting closer to being complete with mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:18 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting closer to being complete with mods

had to share my newest project with everyone. Through a series of horse trades and persisteance I got my new 22" rims wrapped with 325/50/22 nittos today. we had to dink the inner fender back about a 1/4" to get them to clear with the 2 1/2" level kit and bags in the rear. i am really pleased with the overall look of the truck and it drives better than it ever has. I have been really disapointed with the ride and driveablity of this truck until today. Bushwacker pocket flares (color coded) are next and a painted aftermarket front bumper. then maybe I'll be closer to being done.
Going to try and post pics.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really mean you're done with the mods or just out of money for the time being? That's a sharp rig and those flares are gonna look good.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Im not a big fan of the big bling wheels but something about that just looks good. Well done.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
DBM

what leveling kit do you have a lorenzo? and what back space do those wheels have and do they rub the control arm at all.

thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys.
Out of money for now. LOL But yes fender flares will be next on the list.
As to the level kit, it's one off of E-bay. I paid $109 to the door for it. Its a urathane type. Seems to be doing fine.
The wheels have a 6" backspace and they clear everything just fine. No rub anywhere. They are actually better situated than my stocks were with 35's.
The wider wheels caused the tires to get really close (1/4") from the fenders but a couple of hits from a 4lb sledge on the inner fender fixed that

The wheel and tire package are my biggest score to date on the truck. I bought the wheels for $700 off a guy with 305/40/22's (better than 1/2 tread). This guy had a wharehouse of used wheels and tires. He buys and sells wheels etc. this guy kept kept insisting he needed to raise some cash for something and wanted me to make an offer. I went really low and he took it. He then paid to have the wheels spun on a balance machine to prove they were not bent. BTW the wheels are almost perfect.

I then bought a promotion certificate off a guy on Craigslist for $500 that was good for $1000 at any local Firestone. (he lives about 3 hrs north of me and did not figure he would need tires before the voucher expired). It was given out at some local baseball game and was only good until Jan 08.

My buddy is a manager of a local Firestone and he was already hooking me up on the tires so this just made the deal sweeter.

I traded my 315/70/17's that I bought 3 months ago back in (at store cost when bought ($600 OTD), gave him the certificate and had my Nittos with no additional cash.

So at that point I was out $1800 for the wheels and tires. I then went to another tire shop my manager buddy called for me and sold the 315's that came on the wheels for $275.
So I am currently out of pocket $1525 and I will list the factory wheels on E-bay tonight unless someone here wants them fairly cheap, so I should see a couple of hundred more on those.
I am guessing I will have about $1300 or so in the whole deal when i am done.
Sorry for being so long winded but I was really excited that for once, a plan came together.