3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

GAS Gone Up Again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spudman
You just don't get it! Maybe, if you lose your farm because your produce buyer/distributor will no longer buy your products because they found it cheaper to buy from Equadorian farmers. In turn you can no longer pay the bills and your farm is foreclosed on. You for one should also be feeling the brunt of the problem we discuss, as I am sure you own fossil fueled farm equipment. (Need we discuss the farm issues of the 80's-90's) Then maybe you should lose out to foreigners. None of us want to take handouts or sell our souls, but if someone is trying to keep you aflota then by all means do what it takes to survive. Also, if thats how you feel about your country and the real people behind its success, maybe you should leave it. I'll buy your land and develope high end neighborshoods on it to house your white collar compadres you seem to be standing behind. Keep America, in AMERICA. . How about them gas prices?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 01350banshee
Spudman
Also, if thats how you feel about your country and the real people behind its success, maybe you should leave it. I'll buy your land and develope high end neighborshoods on it to house your white collar compadres you seem to be standing behind. Keep America, in AMERICA. . How about them gas prices?
That was out of line. Way out of line.

I don't see anywhere in spudman's posts where he feels any negativity towards America or Americans. Of course, in most cases trying to tell someone in America to be realistic, that they truly CAN'T have everything handed to them on a silver platter and might actually have to work for it - and that would include working with their brain, not just turning a wrench - and accept the responsibility for their ideas, actions and initiative is about as effective as banging your head against the wall.

A whole army of blue collar workers is nothing without a company to work for. Would they then become small business owners? Perhaps. But wouldn't that make them white collar workers, then? And of course, they'd want to grow their companies since that's our natural tendency - to be bigger and better.

Oh yeah, and one parting shot here and I'm out, too.

Originally posted by 01350banshee
As to the GREED of the white collar world. NUFF SAID!!
Which is it? Do you truly despise the greedy, slimy white collar types with the drive to do more or do you just pretend to while you buy out a bankrupt farmer's land, develop it and sell overpriced homes to your peers?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:47 PM

Does the pledge mean anything anymore? We're supposed to be like a huge family as Americans. Some are a little less desirable than others just like any family. Some are successful and some struggle to hold a job. We don't give handouts to family members but we do look out for family and help keep it together. Our loyalty is with family first. Now it's just who can make a buck off of their brother's misfortune. This is the current state of America. How sad.
Gas is about to catch up to diesel fuel around here. I use 89 octane so I'm a little closer yet. $2.169 for 89 while diesel is $2.349 at the same station.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 PM

Talked with an investor buddy of mine, says the price of diesel is up due to record demand from China and India. There isn't enough electrical generation capacity for all the former American jobs now over there, requiring the use of diesel generators to keep plants running. If the economic growth continues over there (which it will), look for diesel prices to continue to rise. Over $3 per gallon nationally by Memorial Day would not be unrealistic. I can only use my truck as needed now. Something to think about when the monthly fuel bill catches up to the truck payment.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:36 PM

Like Jimi said,,, "Thats OK I still got my guitar"
Old 04-05-2005, 08:44 AM

Quite frankly I would love to see the introduction of BioDiesel become more available. These oil companies have to be worried that with the prices this high that alternative fuels could cut into there profits in the future. The current incentive from the IRS of $1.00 per gallon is good, but the system is not ready for primetime.