3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

GAS Gone Up Again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah horrible corporate america that ruined everything. this country is what it is because corporate america. who makes the truck you drive who employs the masses, who built this country. not men but corparations men only did the work and they more than reaped the benefits.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:04 PM

Here we go
Before BIG Corporations, there were hard working Americans supporting small business. Small business owners and workers make up the majority of Americas workforce. Also, haven't seen any white collar workers turning a wrench lately. Need we not discuss Enron, Tyco or Martha Stewart!! As to the GREED of the white collar world. NUFF SAID!! . Go back to your white collar sheltered world and overlook what is really going on in America. By the way, without those hard working blue collar workers your big corporations would not be here. Oh, I guess you also support sending our jobs overseas or to our southern border country, paying under skilled cheap labor workers to do more work for less pay in bad work conditions and putting our own countrymen who support families out of work only to line your pink pockets. Opps, you'd send our jobs overseas anyway. Serve your country for once, maybe you'll apperciate abit more.

Read the Hand
Spudman
Old 03-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Banshee... Right on! Its about time someone saw and spoke the truth!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:53 PM

i know none of you will listen but here goes. my husband works for an oil company and both of us grew up around the oil field. gas is the by product of diesel so when whoever decides that the price of gas goes up then they make more gas and less diesel. diesel is used for more than just trucks. i have yet to figure out how raising the price on the pump every two or three days makes sense when the amount they paid for the current tank is the same... we are trying to ranch and that means diesel for tractors and such. not to mention the ctd i drive and the other trucks in the family. raising minimum wage is not going to make a dent. come on people do you really want the government in your bizness to that extent? if you get down to it the government, which by the way does not have money only that they collect from us. is full of really out of touch and really eliltist types. a question if social security is so great why are the post office, congress, teachers and most civil employees on a thrift savings plan?
the solution is not easy and probably painful . i look at every tank i buy as job security for my husband .
Old 03-09-2005, 03:35 PM

werewolf...If I am not mistaken Diesel fuel requires less refining than gasoline. Which would make Diesel fuel a by product of gasoline refining. Of course I have been wrong before...
Old 03-09-2005, 05:21 PM

Gas used to be dumped on the ground in the desert as a by product of oil manufacturing so it could evaporate and be gone. There was no use for it at the time. The gasoline engine hadn't been invented yet.
Gas has jumped about $.15 this week. Diesel is still $.25-$.35 more. At 15% more than gas and 30% better mileage, ya'll are still coming out ahead at the pumps.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by PapaPerk

2004.5 3500 SLT Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, Cummins Turbo Diesel 600, 6spd, 4WD, 3.73. Built end of April.

So should oil prices be controlled to some reasonable level like drugs should be? Certainly. Everything we do requires oil. Driving, making plastics, defense, agriculture, etc...it all takes oil. Of course the oil companies and everyone else in the oil chain knows this. So raise those prices. They'll pay. What choice do they have... And besides half the population of the U.S. doesn't care anyway.
What choice do they have.... (2004.5 3500 SLT Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, Cummins Turbo Diesel 600, 6spd, 4WD, 3.73. Built end of April.) THEY have the choice to buy vehicles that don't get 15-20 MPG. Now, of course, if you NEED this vehicle for your business, then that's a different story... then again, you can deduct some of all of the costs, including the fuel you use to generate your revenue. So I go back to the fact that you have a choice. You WANT your truck because you like it? No problem. Don't whine about it then!

On a side note. Remember free trade and free business leads to jobs going to China and Mexico. The rich get richer. And the blue collar men and women go home broke to their hungry kids. Government must take care of its people..not just its companies.
It's hard to generate much credibility for your sentiments - especially the one about coming home broke and to your hungry kids - when you read your signature. You obviously can afford a $40,000 truck. Or perhaps you got it for $35,000. Either way, a very expensive vehicle. You could spend half that and get a reliable vehicle that'll get twice or more MPG than your (our) truck. Practice what you preach, then whine away.

Originally posted by 01350banshee
Serve your country for once, maybe you'll apperciate abit more.

Read the Hand
Spudman
Was that directed at me? If so, I'd like to point out that I'm starting into my 18th year of active duty in the Navy. I've been in combat, spent many months away from my family; years, in fact when you tally it all up. I've served my country and continue to do so. I make an OK salary - enough to buy my truck and fuel it, though it sucks paying this much for gas. I'd prefer to make more so I can buy more toys.... I don't have a boat or snowmobiles or ATVs. Or, my ultimate toy: an airplane. I live moderately, but have nice stuff and can get toys when I want them. My bills are paid and I have money in savings and retirement accounts. Do I want to make more? Sure... and when I retire in a few years, I will do that. Will I feel guilty about being rewarded for my hard work? Nope.

Believe me, I appreciate a lot.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:17 PM

first of all i have served my country. second of all I' m not white collar I'm a vegetable farmer, mostly potatoes and cabbage, and i do all of the work myself, no mexicans I'm one of the americans who'll do what most scoff at. and yes i would send jobs overseas why make McDonalds trinkets here for 10x as much and pay $20 for a happy meal. I seem to remember when Nestle closed a plant in Fulton the dreaded outsourcing cry went up, but they never stop and think that those jobs were outsourced to here from Switzerland. It is a fact that forgien companies outsource more jobs to the USA than domestic companies outsource to others. but it seems that facts mean little in your world. By the way do you like paying 10k less for a dodge over ford because it was made in mexico? I have no problem with it.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:53 PM

One thing many people overlook is the price of crude oil is controlled by OPEC, not the US government or the oil companies. In the laws of supply and demand, if OPEC limits output to the current demand, then that drives up the price of oil. If they increase ouput over forecasted demand, the price will drop.

The SECOND major thing that affects oil prices is the value of the dollar. Oil is traded in dollars, so when the value of the dollar falls, it takes more dollars to buy the same barrel of oil compared to when the dollar value was higher. The trade off is that with a lower value dollar, American exports go up. American products become more attractive to foreign markets because they can buy them cheaper.

Lastly, we import 60% of our oil. Not because we don't have our own, it's because federal laws prohibit exploration and pumping of oil in many of the known reserves in North America. If we want more "blue collar" American jobs, then tell your state and federal representatives to allow oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska. Plus, that would reduce demand on foreign oil and put dollars back in the US economy.

Biodiesel is not a bad idea either to blend with regular diesel. The more research and demand for biodiesel, the lower the price and more efficient the refining process will become.

...my 2 cents.

-Muzzy
Old 03-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Werewolf I work Oil too

Originally posted by werewolf
i know none of you will listen but here goes. my husband works for an oil company and both of us grew up around the oil field. gas is the by product of diesel so when whoever decides that the price of gas goes up then they make more gas and less diesel. diesel is used for more than just trucks. i have yet to figure out how raising the price on the pump every two or three days makes sense when the amount they paid for the current tank is the same... we are trying to ranch and that means diesel for tractors and such. not to mention the ctd i drive and the other trucks in the family. raising minimum wage is not going to make a dent. come on people do you really want the government in your bizness to that extent? if you get down to it the government, which by the way does not have money only that they collect from us. is full of really out of touch and really eliltist types. a question if social security is so great why are the post office, congress, teachers and most civil employees on a thrift savings plan?
the solution is not easy and probably painful . i look at every tank i buy as job security for my husband .
I work in the middle east, The average selling price here is was $10 less than the US price now it about $5 per Barrel export. The Bigger issue is refinery capacity in the USA, NO New Refinery in the US for 30 years. It getting so bad the oil crude producer are starting to build them over here and export the valvue add products cutting ChevronTexaco, ExconMobile and Shell out of the supply chain to meet the end user demands. SO next time some said we want to build a refinery, and we say not in my back yard, think about the prices at the pumps. I don't know the answer, but the facts is "diesel users are getting screwed by design, as this is the product that everyone decide not to produce during the winter maintence shutdowns." My family in Wshington at the Price of the wife last FIll up was $2.55 and the seattle area as high as $2.85 with Safeway being the cheapest. xx
Old 03-10-2005, 06:33 PM

I got my truck last May and it has just over 6000 miles on it,I will walk before I pay to keep the fat cats rich.
And I can see me selling my truck if this keeps up.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Spudman, Should we also buy our cabbage and potatoes from Mexico? Not trying to flame but it could affect any and all of us. Working class Americans are the backbone of this country. We are also the people who feed the corporate heads their wealth. Not good to cut off the hands that feed you. Yes we're all greedy. We all want the most pay for the least work. Employers want the most work for the least pay. That's not a bad thing. It's good business. But a head without a backbone won't stand.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:47 PM

im in the same boat, Being 21, just graduated school so i get the student loan ordeal, SR22 on this truck is outragous, My insurance every month is more than my truck payment! May have to try the home brew!~
Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 AM

If mexico or any other country can produce potatoes and cabbage and compete on price by all means buy it from them. If i can't make it on my own(i recive no subsidies nor would i take them if offered) then I don't deserve to be farming anymore. I can take my medicene.I just take the view that why do americans think they're entilted to everything, if someone in another country has a job americans are offended because for some reason they thinks its theirs. and they have to have prescription drugs for nothing if the drug saves my life than I'm willing to pay what my life is worth to me. many other thing fall into these
P.S. this is my last post in this thread because this is way off topic.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 AM

can't resist but i believe what i said is that gas i the by product of diesel, i think that means diesel is first then refined to gas. i may be a girl but i am not a girlie.

Quick Reply: GAS Gone Up Again!!!!