3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

fuel conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboTed, I've found a good selection of most of the additives discussed here (Howes & Power Service and others) at a local Husky truck stop and a commercial sales outlet. Case IH dealership also has a variety of additives including a Saskatchewan canola-based product from BioTech that I'm going to try. I haven't seen MMO anywhere.

Dave
Old 06-01-2005, 05:50 PM

My brother's getting it at a Canadian Tire in Edmonton.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:59 PM

Currently using Stanadyne Power Shot ,comes in a bottle pre-measured for 30 gal . and it really quiets her down at idle ,seems to help mileage too . Have used Power Service in the past and I am a Marvel Mystery devotee also . The quality of fuel is pretty poor these days kind of like the unveiling of unleaded for cars. To each their own ya know but injection pumps are $$$$ look at some pics of pumps online without additive and you will be ready to spend 3 bucks a fill up .............. CHEAP INSURANCE !!!! Bought a whole case through Scheid diesel received it next day !!! Wonderful people too .
Old 06-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Muted User

Location: "The Peoples Republic of Illinois".....behind enemy lines
MMO and PS here. Works well for me!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 02:53 PM

A "Flying J" truck stop just opened up 15 minutes from wher I live. Stopped to fill up today, and diesel was 12 cents less per litre, which is about 65 cents a gallon less than gas. I've been using the Howes meaner Power cleaner for 3 or 4 fills, and it must have cleaned up the injectors, as I'm back at my usual 20 or so U.S. mpg. But the trucks still poppin'. Well I went in to pay and asked if they sold conditioners. A lady trucker showed me where they were, and they had the Lucas. She said she uses it in her Freightliner, and it works. Then I spotted the infamous POWER SERVICE!! 2 types of Power Service Diesel Kleaner. One was a white jug (anti gel), and the other a silver jug that treats up to 300 gallons. I bought the silver one. (Supposed to boost cetane up to 6 points.) When I got out to the truck, my wife pointed out that I was in there 20 minutes(kid in a candy store!). I told her about the power service I bought, and she actually thought it was a great idea since so many other people are using the stuff. Should I try it next fill, or is it ok to get mixed up with the Howes stuff?? (Wife thought maybe I was mugged. or fell down and smacked my head in the washroom!LOL She was just about to come after me! )
Old 06-11-2005, 10:28 PM

OK- I know it was a long story. Did I buy the right one(siver jug)? I usually fill at about 1/2 tank. Will 8oz be enough? (I'm thinking about adding about 2-3 oz MMO). Do I have to run a tank or 2 without the Howes before I add the PS??
Old 06-13-2005, 11:06 PM

Reading the instructions on the power service and mmo this is what I have came up with. The mmo recommends 4oz per 10 gallons of fuel. That comes out to .4oz per gallon of fuel. For example, if you put in 28 gallons of fuel then 28 x .4 = 11.2oz of mmo. The ps recommens 32oz to 50 gallons of fuel. Break that down per gallon and I got .64oz per gallon of fuel. So, if you filled up with 28 gallons you would need to add 28 x .64 = 17.92oz of power service to your truck. Maybe yall are doing something different but I am just following the ratios set by the manufacturer of these products. Anyway, I like knowing how much per gallon so irregardless if I fillup 31 gallons or 24 gallons I know how much of these additives to add. I just keep a cheap calculator in my console to figure how much while my truck is filling up. I use a funnel with a measuring cup (bought at walmart for 4 bucks) to add one then the other additive.