3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Frozen washer fluid

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ICL
He needs it too, it is around -35 today in Edmonton.
Yep I don't think the truck is going to move until it gets a bit warmer, that is pretty frigging cold, and I didn't plug it in last night
Old 12-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
You are running the green stuff i beat since it says bug remover. The correct rain-x formula is orange for winter use.

yeah that's right. this stuff is orange. it says 2-in-1 bug remover/deicer good to -25 degrees F. i think it's new because i've had the green bug remover and the orange deicer before.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mocho
Yep I don't think the truck is going to move until it gets a bit warmer, that is pretty frigging cold, and I didn't plug it in last night

Why didn't you come down to the GTG?

Anyway, I forgot to set my Espar or plug in last night and had to fire up to go to the GTG this morning. In fact, the truck hasn't been running in over a week. Cycled the grid heaters twice and she fired up no problem. She is parked in a garage, but it's not insulated or heated.

She'll move...not to worry. Last year in hunting camp up by Grande Cache, there was nowhere to plug in and we all got our diesels fired up around these temps.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Why didn't you come down to the GTG?

Anyway, I forgot to set my Espar or plug in last night and had to fire up to go to the GTG this morning. In fact, the truck hasn't been running in over a week. Cycled the grid heaters twice and she fired up no problem. She is parked in a garage, but it's not insulated or heated.

She'll move...not to worry. Last year in hunting camp up by Grande Cache, there was nowhere to plug in and we all got our diesels fired up around these temps.
I had no idea, for some reason I haven't been in that part of the forum until now I will come to the next one for sure, but I fear I will learn a lot of more mods I need to get on my truck...this weather really has me itching for a diesel heater.