3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Front licence plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front licence plate holder

I bought my truck in a state that doesn't do the front plate so they didn't have the front plate holder.
I live in a state that requires the front plate.
I asked the dealer for a front holder and they offered to order me one from the parts counter...aka...I can buy one from them.

Anyone buy a 2008 (or I guess pretty much any year from like 04 ish since the bumpers all look the same) that came with a front plate holder that isn't using it?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Where you located ? When I bought mine new, it was under the rear seats.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgestang
I bought my truck in a state that doesn't do the front plate so they didn't have the front plate holder.
I live in a state that requires the front plate.
I asked the dealer for a front holder and they offered to order me one from the parts counter...aka...I can buy one from them.

Anyone buy a 2008 (or I guess pretty much any year from like 04 ish since the bumpers all look the same) that came with a front plate holder that isn't using it?
I think you need to have a talk with the dealer owner/sales manager. It would seem like they don't provide good customer server. If it was a new vehicle purchase then it could be required by the state to provide it.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Live in MD, bought in PA just over the stateline. The sell into MD all the time since they were able to handle all the tax, tags, and titling without issue.

It's not under the seat. When I bought it, I asked the salesman for it and he said (and I quote) "Dodge stopped making them".

When I went back to get my tags 2 weeks later he wasn't there and another salesman doing the dealer service thing put my tags on and when he got to the front said "where's the front holder, let me go see if I can find one". He came back a short time later saying he didn't have one and that he would have my salesman order one.

So then I call back a couple days later and talk to my salesguy who now says "the trucks don't come with them, I can order you one for $xx.xx..." honestly I don't even remember the price because at that point my BS meter was pegged and I was extremely angry...so I hung up.

So obviously, yes I got great a deal on the truck and it was the first time I ever dealt with this dealer and I had been happy. But now I will never go back to the this dealer because of the lies and then asking me to buy a part for my truck so that I can be legal (a part it should have come with)....lost a long term customer over a cheap piece of plastic....and since this is my 3rd truck since 05 that could be a significant loss to them.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 PM

And they wonder why sales are down over 50% from last year. Maybe a little better service would help their problem--not cure it, just help a little IMO!!!!
Jay
Old 01-09-2009, 01:18 PM

Try calling or sending an email to Chrylser. Every vehicle I bought in Pa. had one, and they are not required. If they don't help you out, let me know. I think mine is sitting in the garage somewhere.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine was under the back seat as stated earlier... I'm not using mine.. I'm in AZ
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM

order a new one off ebay...can't be more than $10
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM

The OEM one is junk anyway. Mine fell off the first time I hit the trail, but I only lost the silly dealer add tag that was on the front. Make yourself one out of some diamond plate or something.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by icrider
order a new one off ebay...can't be more than $10
While that will prob work....I opted to start here.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 PM

go to a junk yard and see if you can get one off a wrecked truck or check with a auto body shop they might have one
Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Smile

As said above make your own, the factory one on mine has come off 3 times and is barely holding on - next time it comes off I'm gonna fabricate something up. Or I could tell the wife I need a new front Ranch Hand front bumper to hold the plate on Well see how that works out.......
Old 01-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Someone yanked mine off in Ohio. Guess an AK plate is something of a souvenir. I'd just bolt one to the bumper. The stock one is junk anyway.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgestang
(or I guess pretty much any year from like 04 ish since the bumpers all look the same) that came with a front plate holder that isn't using it?
I *think* the SLT style bumpers and Laramie /Sport style bumpers on 2006 & newer RAM pickups are different and require different front license plate holders.

Greg

Old 01-10-2009, 02:16 PM

Yeah they are different between the Laramie and SLT with the all chrome bumper..bid placed on ebay for what I need.

Quick Reply: Front licence plate holder