3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Ford owner Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive owned Ford trucks my entire life. F100, F150, and a Diesel powered F250. I loved all of them all and to this day would choose a Ford over a Chevy. That said, my Dodge is a better truck than any of my Fords were, admittedly...partially due to my Dodge being newer by 12 years to my oldest Ford, BUT... what impressed me most about the Cummins powered Ram was the inline six Diesel. I love V8s and own several (gassers) but there's something about an I6 Diesel that the stats, numbers, and hype don't convey, and I'm not even sure I could explain it to you. There's a "feel"....a "personality"....a quality that an I6 Diesel has that can't be put to words.

Essentially, it's something that makes you grin even if you're getting beat by a Diesel powered Chevy or Ford.

While I'm not religious by any stretch....the word "soul" comes to mind.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:16 PM

From the sound of it you have a nice rig that would be hard to replace . I would check into the Cummins swap , as was said before " Superduty " swapped a 325 hp / 600 tq into his blue oval and loves it !! I WAS a former Ford fan but when it comes to trucks just look under the hood of Ford & Chevy at all the wiring ,glow plugs and sensors to go bad down the road . 25,000 miles on my dually with no probs at all except the tearing weatherstrip ( better lemon law it !!! ) which will be replaced soon . I traded a 92 Ford Ranger with 300,000 miles for my wifes Impala ( JUNK ) and it never once left me on the side of the road but it was worn out . Rumor has it 07 will bring a real BADBOY Cummins into the game with 6.7l and 700+ ft lbs of torque to play with . I'm waiting to buy another company truck till the cards are all out on the table .
Old 02-09-2006, 11:06 AM

Thanks again for the come backs guys. I have been shopping out a few ideas and I have come to the realization that I would just be in over my head if I were to get ride of this truck and purchase a new dodge, then add all the bells and whistles and lift it. I am a fan of the Dodges though. I am watching to see what is up with some of the new advances for us 6.0 guys i.e ATS's turbo,injectors. etc etc. I do love the looks of my truck and the fact that it continues to turn heads always seems to put a smile on my face. I am thinking of doing some suspension mods to help with the ride a bit and then after we see where the engine mods takes the 6.0 guys, I will go from there. Thanks for all of your help and Kind words