3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Which fender flares??? Cut outs/pocket or extend-a-fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which fender flares??? Cut outs/pocket or extend-a-fenders?

The next "visual" upgrade I'm doing to my truck is going to be new Bushwhacker fender flares. Which do you all prefer the looks of (I like them both), the pocket/cut out style feder flares or the extenda fender flares?

Secondly, my truck is mineral grey. I am undecided whether I should go with painting them to match the factory color or if I should go with a lighter color (such as silver). What do you all think? I don't know what the truck would look like if I went with a lighter color, although I think it might look good . . . just not sure. Anyone have pictures of something like that? Thanks.

Thomas
Old 10-03-2007, 05:48 PM

I like the extenda fender flares personally.I plan on putting them on my Mineral gray 06 soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 PM

I chose the extend a flares. Did not have to make another hole in the truck to put them on. Used all of the factory mount locations for the inner fender plastic. They are paintable but I left them the balcak to match mirror and all the other items.
Attached Thumbnails Which fender flares???  Cut outs/pocket or extend-a-fenders?-front-viewf.jpg   Which fender flares???  Cut outs/pocket or extend-a-fenders?-side-view.jpg  
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM

So, do you need a number of extra holes for the pocket style fenders? I thought you might, but just didn't know. Has anyone had any problems (or seen any problems) with rusting under the flares?

Thomas
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Price_Dog
So, do you need a number of extra holes for the pocket style fenders? I thought you might, but just didn't know. Has anyone had any problems (or seen any problems) with rusting under the flares?

Thomas
No, they use the available holes.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 AM

Megadeath,

Did you not have to debadge your truck to get those on? Or did you just move the badge up? Wait, I see that your truck is an '07, did you take the square decal off? Thanks.

Thomas
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 AM

I like the look of the pocket flare's ,who has the best price on them?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:34 PM

I just put a set of pocket style flares on my Red 07 and they look great. They fit great and were very easy to install. It only took about an hour to put them all on and you dont have to drill any holes in the truck. The only holes that have to be drilled are in the flares themselves for the bolts so it gives them that bolt on look.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Price_Dog
Megadeath,

Did you not have to debadge your truck to get those on? Or did you just move the badge up? Wait, I see that your truck is an '07, did you take the square decal off? Thanks.

Thomas
I had to move the Cummins badge up about an inch or so, but yes I took off the square badging (looked ugly IMO )